PDA

View Full Version : tegu

shadow
01-06-2006, 12:03 AM
My tegu carsper isnt growing could being in a 40 gallon breeder effect his growth. I need some info in case i need to get a bigger cage

Johelian
01-06-2006, 10:24 AM
How big and how old is he already? Tegus arent like fish - they will keep growing regardless of their enclosure size. Things that could be affecting growth are how much hes eating, how old your UVB source is, how long the photoperiod of each day is, how hot the basking spot and ambient temps of the cage are, how humid the cage is...tell us a little about these things, and perhaps we can offer some advice on Casper :)

shadow
01-08-2006, 01:23 AM
iIgot casper around november he still had some green on him. he is eating 3 pinkies and 5 to 10 crickets a day. my uvb light is old maybe 3 to 4 years old. I turn the lights on around 7:30 am and turn them off about 9:00 pm. basking temp is around 110 degrees, cage temp is about 80 to 85 degrees. I havent checked the humidity but i pour about 12 onces a day. i hope this is enough info if not ask me more and ill anwser them.

Fixx
01-08-2006, 09:28 AM
Get a new UV bulb, they're efficiency and output drops off over time and they should really be replaced every 6 months to a year.

Teiidae
01-08-2006, 02:25 PM
my uvb light is old maybe 3 to 4 years old.

Now would be a very good time to replace it - There's nothing beneficial with a light of that age...