PDA

View Full Version : 2 tegus

coxy
03-02-2006, 10:25 PM
we recently bought 2 tegus, the male tegu seems alot more active and eating well as the female one sits in her hole and doesnt really come out and eat as much as the male. is this normal??????

Johelian
03-02-2006, 10:58 PM
Could be a dominance issue...is the male larger than the female? How big is their cage?

RainbowParty
03-03-2006, 03:11 AM
the female could still be getting used to the new surroundings... maybe the male adjusted faster.

coxy
03-03-2006, 09:50 AM
The tank is 5ft by 4 ft so they have got loads of room as they are only babys, the male is slightly bigger than the female but not much really and they were in the same cage when bought.

Nero557
03-03-2006, 11:05 AM
The male is probably just not as shy as the female and just adjusted quicker, and the female just wants to be left alone to get situated till she feels comfortable. If you bought them from a pet store or similar, then they might have not been together very long and maybe she wants to be alone and feels threatened by the male. I would give her a few days and if she doesn't come around i'd seperate her and give her a really good place to hide and then i'd just leave her alone as much as possible (obviously you'd have to bug her to try to feed her/water her and what not) but I would just leave her be as much as possible.

coxy
03-07-2006, 09:55 AM
thanks very much for your suggestions, she is now coming out more. since she is use to where she is. thanx again