PDA

View Full Version : Tegu Names

blair0228
03-08-2006, 02:45 AM
I just got my new BW Tegu from Agama International today and I dont know what to name it. does anyone have any ideas out there? And Bert said it would still be in hibernation for a few weeks. What am I supposed to do till then?

Teiidae
03-08-2006, 01:19 PM
If he digs in and don't come out, leave him be with just some fresh water, or keep your heat and lights up and see If he's ready to come out now...

coxy
03-08-2006, 06:44 PM
i think harold or semor is a good name, our ones are called noris and doris, we also have snakes called audrey and ossca

ReptilesLovePunk
03-08-2006, 08:19 PM
what about Peeve? then you could say he's you pet Peeve. Never mind that's dumb! name him or her Febritzio!

kozalmighty
03-09-2006, 01:20 AM
We call ours Oz. My Daughter cant say lizard yet, she says wizard.
So he is Wizard of Oz.

Joshua
03-09-2006, 07:07 AM
Congrats on your new Tegu. I got one from Bert a few months ago myself and have yet to see it really awake. I did just start turning up the heat and light this last week and yesturday it made a brief appearance on the surface.

DJsTEGUs
03-09-2006, 08:32 AM
not to worry i know bert and i have been up to his place a few times your tegu will stay in hibernation for as long as you let him they actually normally will only be active for about 3 months which can be good or bad depending on how much time and money you have i keep mine out doors the last few days they have been coming out of there burrows since the temp has been around 80. anyways if you want him to be more active crank the temp in your hot spot up to around 105 and the cool side to around 80. otherwise keep it cooler for about another 2-3 weeks with there hide area is moist but not damp to touch and thats when they will start to wake up on there own. just so you know bert hibernates all his tegus so yours has been in hibernation for a while and it will take a little bit until he is fully active if you hibernate him he will take about 3 years until he is breeding size if you don't it can take as little as 18 months tell he is that size but they cant breed with out hibernation.

Grimlock
03-09-2006, 05:24 PM
I don't know what to name mine either, I named him Grimlock at first but I don't like having to explain where I got it from (the cartoon 'transformers') everytime someone asks, lol. Besides he is a mellow dude he needs a mellow name.

D3K3
03-09-2006, 06:00 PM
Its hard to change names once you've givin it to your pet. I named mine Percie, I dont really know why. Ive tried to change it but i keep calling it the same name.