PDA

View Full Version : Steve Irwin

New2Tegu06
09-21-2006, 09:50 PM
For everyone who knew of him and to those who knew him, this is the Forum for his rememberence.

I grew up watching his shows. I would find time all the time to record his shows and listen intently to his long drawn accent and his amazing ability to handle some of the worlds most dangerous animals. I remember begging my mom to take me to his zoo in Australia. She finally convinced me to write a letter to him. After doing so, about 3 weeks later I got a hand written letter back from the Croc. Hunter himself. Over the course of about a year I wrote and received over a dozen letters. His ability to take the time to remember that he was merely a man doing what he loved and that there are other people in the world who loved it too, set him apart from the rest. He was a giant in this world and regardless what anyone can say he was genuine as well.

To Steve Irwin,

We will all miss you! RIP

gunznrosez13
11-04-2006, 11:31 PM
He deserved what happened. He was asking for it. If you disagree than you really never watched his shows.

varnyard
11-05-2006, 12:30 AM
I have deleted these foul posts. We do not allow these types of words used on these forums. If this continues this thread will be locked. :wink:

Rick
11-05-2006, 12:30 AM
Some posts in this thread have been removed.

Everyone is entitled their opinions, but keep it civil.

Rick

bobert
11-05-2006, 12:37 AM
Im normally more of a lurker but this brought my attention. Just out of interest how does one "deserve" to die? There are plenty of people in the world that have done far worse then handle dangerous snakes and have lived. A very great proportion of these have no moral conduct towards their fellow human, let alone the reat of the world, whatsoever. I dont wish to start an arguement (especially over the internet!) but there are more tactful ways of saying your piece, especially when there someone leaves a family behind.

Rick
11-05-2006, 12:43 AM
bobert:

Very well said.

Rick

gunznrosez13
11-05-2006, 01:54 AM
I apologize. I never meant to say he deserved to die. And all those handling snakes that contain venom are cheating death as well. Animals with the ability to kill were never meant to be toyed with. He amazed/amused those who watched his show b/c not many people have the balls to do such a thing. The irony of it all is that the cause of his death was a stingray; more people die from alligators than they do with stingrays. I dont hate him at all, but I dont look up to him as my hero. I am sorry that his life has too turn out this way and the family he left behind. I never wanted him dead at all and I hope you guys reading this understand that.

Once again I apologize. I never meant for this thread to get outta hand

Daniel

fresh2ugal2000
01-23-2007, 04:17 AM
okay I watched his show and my kids loved his show and maybe some of the things he did he shouldnt have but all he did he did for a reason I mean he wanted people to understand the unknown and to show how beautiful every animal,reptile were but also how dangerous they can be ,my hats off to him he did what most others wouldnt!His whole life was dedicated to the understanding and preservation of animals! When my family and I heard we were truely saddened! My children cried and said now whos gonna help the crocs and the other animals he did I said all those people who were behind him! Probally not with as much enthuiasm "By Crikey" ! Our prayers are with the family and all those at the Australia Zoo! Looks like lil Bindi wants to follow in her fathers footsteps Good Luck Bindi May god bless you!!!

Daggit_Columbian
01-23-2007, 01:50 PM
whaooo! i loved the croc hunter. he used to be on saturday mornings and i would watch him instead of whatever teenie girl shows were on (none of my friends understood this lol) he was a good man, doing what he loved. a little crazy, but his heart was in the right place. we miss you steve!

oh and bindi rules!

-j

martin_day
01-23-2007, 07:04 PM
steve irwin was a legend everything he did was for the animals who can honestly say after him you dont see dangerous animals in a different light one show that sticks in my mind was were he put his hand in a rock to get a spiny taild iggy out and it bit him it made a mess of his finger he turnd around called it a naughty girl and kissed her on the head, that was steve all over nothing was the animals fault
i think evryone will miss him and good luck to little bindi!!! :wink:

DRAZIL
01-23-2007, 08:21 PM
"]He deserved what happened. He was asking for it. If you disagree than you really never watched his shows.[/quote]

Every time you put your hand in with your lizard/ snake your asking for it, if you don't respect the reptile your caring for, so he may of been a bit of a showman but half of us wouldn't keep these reptiles if it was not for people like him. It takes a very knowledgeable bloke to able to kiss a croc without having your head bit off................

Big-G
02-03-2007, 07:51 PM
steve was just an overall great man. he loved his family and all his animals, even if they didnt love him back. the main reason he handled all those venemous snakes was to educate people around abouut how if u leave them alone and keep ur distance, theyll leave u alone. he wanted to show people not to kill an animal because it puffed up and opened its mouth. like Bindi said in "Crikey! what an adventure" " animals are just like people only they are in different skins.

gunznrosez13
02-03-2007, 09:40 PM
steve was just an overall great man. he loved his family and all his animals, even if they didnt love him back. the main reason he handled all those venemous snakes was to educate people around abouut how if u leave them alone and keep ur distance, theyll leave u alone. he wanted to show people not to kill an animal because it puffed up and opened its mouth. like Bindi said in "Crikey! what an adventure" " animals are just like people only they are in different skins.

dude that makes no sense what so ever

holygouda
02-04-2007, 04:00 AM
It made no sense? How do you figure?

Big-G
02-04-2007, 02:20 PM
how does it not make sense? i was just explaining y steve did all those crazy things.

black-dragon
06-28-2007, 02:37 PM
Steve is the reason i now have 28 pets. i saw his show when i was 6 and said i want to do that.

martee
06-29-2007, 06:21 AM
steve irwin understood the importance in conservation of the animal kingdom, hundreds of thousands of species have been destroyed through the evolution of the human being, and more and more are being wiped out as we speak. In the animal kingdom, rarely, if ever, do other species do what we have done to not only make animals extinct, but environments as well.
There have been natural disasters over the time of earth that have made species disappear, but in these instances new species were created in the process. when humans destroy a species, there is no recreation or evolving of any new variations. this is true with hunting, habitat destruction, and the introduction of non-compatible animals to environments where their existence simply cause an imbalance in the natural way things work. Humans, through greed, technology, and sheer ignorance have become a parasite on the natural world. Steve Irwin changed the minds of many on this front, in the hope that the masses will make change. It will never happen and eventually we will be wiped out by the next evolutionary disaster... but hes an amazing man for educating so many, and being separate from the average ignorant person. and i include myself in this mix, for i do not do all i can in the name of conservation, and it includes most everyone else too.

martee
06-29-2007, 06:33 AM
sorry for steppin up on the soapbox, it just disappoints me that the most intelligent beings on the planet are also the most destructive. You would hope we would use our free thinking to benefit the world we live in.

Cowher
09-06-2007, 04:14 PM
its sad that such a well meant thread turned into us trying to fix how some people think. the posts that say steve deserved to die should be delated. and we should pay no mind to the ones who are this sick.this is a post to remember steve irwin as a man who fought to help the perception if animals as being offenders rather than defenders. He did amazing things for the animal kingdom and for people. we should never forget the lessons he taught us. short lived was the man but his mission will now live forever

spencer
10-02-2007, 10:57 PM
i always watched the croc hunter and sometimes would try to convince my friend to come over to watch with me he was awesome and will always be remembered