PDA

View Full Version : What is up with the site?!

PinkPunisher
12-29-2008, 08:06 AM
Whats up with the site lately? It keeps going down and popping back up randomly. Does ANYONE have ANY idea why? and on a side note has anyone spoken to Rick since he decided to basically walk off? Care to chime in and tell us if anyone knows where/why he's gone? Mid-life crisis?

Spencer

fastbaz
12-29-2008, 09:31 AM
i had probs trying to log into the site since last friday but here we are, looks like what ever the problem was has been resolved..... :)

txrepgirl
12-29-2008, 10:54 AM
I have no idea what is wrong with this site.I also don't know what is going on with Rick.He never e-mailed me back ( since months ).I just hope that he is ok.

Angelrose
12-29-2008, 01:46 PM
On a positive note, the site is working now :)

I hope Rick is well also! I have confidence he will be back.

dturner05
12-29-2008, 06:09 PM
I don't see Rick coming back. I am a member of both thetegu and tegutalk, and it seems to me there has been something very fishy going on, like a possible reason the site went down, honestly I am surprised it came back up. I don't think we will be seeing or hearing anything from Rick, until he finally decides to shut the site down for good, but until then, I will enjoy it...I like it here :)

bubbategu2
12-29-2008, 08:19 PM
I'm so glad theTegu.com is back up! Like I said at "the other site,"
this feels like family! Bubbategu2

tupinambis
12-29-2008, 08:29 PM
Well, this site is open to ideas and debate, the other is Varnyard's gospel and if you don't swallow it, you aren't welcome.

greentriple
12-30-2008, 12:30 AM
This site is a place where there is no Dogma, I like it. I hope it remains up.

meanah
12-30-2008, 01:28 AM
rick is "ok" just been busy with life and going thru his divorce i talk to him once in a while.. but all the reptiles and what not are at the "exs"

camb
12-30-2008, 04:17 AM
Tegus included? That's really too bad :-(

camb
12-30-2008, 02:47 PM
rick is "ok" just been busy with life and going thru his divorce i talk to him once in a while.. but all the reptiles and what not are at the "exs"
That sure shows where his priorities are! Chasing tail!!!!

Dave, I disagree. When someone says "he is going through a divorce it does NOT mean he is "chasing tail." it could mean any number things and I don't know if you know but divorce is a hell of a Legal process And can take a long time. I just don't think we should jump to the conclusion that he is chasing tail. I visit both forums because I feel that both rick and bobby are very good people. But to all the people who think otherwise should either keep their bad mouthing to them selves! These forums are families and the discussion should be about tegus not petty differences.

This was not directed towards any one I have been waiting to vent this for a while.

Angelrose
12-30-2008, 03:45 PM
I'm sorry, Dave. This is still Rick's forum.

I won't have any pettiness brought over here to our family forum.

PinkPunisher
01-01-2009, 10:12 PM

Can you try to reword that little better because from my knowledge you are member of both sites and unless I'm missing something there isn't exactly a whole lot of bashing on Rick over there.

This is just my opinion but your basically saying that the whole other forum is a bad place and isn't child friendly which it happens to be.

Not trying to start a fight just throwing my opinion out there.

Spencer

Angelrose
01-01-2009, 11:33 PM

Can you try to reword that little better because from my knowledge you are member of both sites and unless I'm missing something there isn't exactly a whole lot of bashing on Rick over there.

This is just my opinion but your basically saying that the whole other forum is a bad place and isn't child friendly which it happens to be.

Not trying to start a fight just throwing my opinion out there.

Spencer

HI Spencer, I'm simply writing that "chasing tail" should only be talked about here in reguards to a tegu or perhaps a different animal :)

bubbategu2
01-01-2009, 11:42 PM
Nicely worded, Angelrose! Glad to see the site back up. Bubbategu2

txrepgirl
01-02-2009, 12:40 AM
Thank you Angelrose.Very well put.
I also want to thank you meanah for letting us know how Rick is doing.Please tell him hi from us and that we miss him and that we wish him well.
About Rick having to go through a divores is a very personal thing and personal things like that are not any of our business ( why he is going through a divores ).If it wouldn't be for him we wouldn't have such a great forum.I think what we should do is be understanding,be patient and hope he will come back.If not I really wish his wife ( well ex wife ) would take over the forum if he doesn't want it any more.I will pray for both of them.

Wolf-hound
01-02-2009, 01:18 AM
Dave, if you're so down on Rick, go play elsewhere. Rick is good people. If he's divorcing or has a new girlfriend, I think it's his business. There's nothing wrong with it. I've gotten a lot of advice from Rick, and 2 tegus, both of which were/are sweet darlings.
I like this site. I don't like sites that insist that they are correct, that no other viewpoint exists, and that you are a horrible scamming SOB if you don't agree RIGHT NOW.
I hope that Rick does come back at least to say hello on occasion.

Bill_S
01-02-2009, 01:43 AM
"Dave, if you're so down on Rick, go play elsewhere."

Amen to that.

Bill

laurarfl
01-02-2009, 01:59 AM
I really like this forum...it has a very different feel from other other reptile forums (I'm not talking about Bobby's; I like his, too). There are other forums where people will just shoot out quick dart-like comments in a rude fashion without any real substance.

At least here people have open discussions that seem pretty reasonable. This has always been my favorite reptile forum and I learn so much.

Even if I have my personal opinions, I try not to insult the host publicly :) and I try not to burn bridges.