Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grizz my lil Col B&G tegu setup video

Default Grizz my lil Col B&G tegu setup video

sup guys this is my baby grizz's setup and opinions are great and welcome and and help is very much appreciated http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD5EkqvcKxA

Please be careful with having the two rocks like that. Tegus are pretty strong. I would hate to see him get hurt if he pushes the buttom rock and the top one falls on him. It happened to one of the members on here before and it was sad. I don't recommend having the crickets in the enclosure becuase the crickets can bite him. When they bite they can damage the skin and it can get infected. They also will stress him out. Have you tried to feed him in a dark colored bin yet ? He also can get impacted if you feed him in the enclosure. The food can get unto the mulch and he could swollow one. Thank you for posting the video and I'm sorry for being so harsh.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

o no harsh is good ty for the info much appreciated im gona keep posting vids and updates so that i can get help when needed and no i cant find somthing dark colored no money right now ether >.> i tried a box and he just flipped out and wouldent eat

So we use a dark colored Rubbermade bin to feed ALL of our reptiles {the tegus and the beardies share one (the beardies use it when we feed them anything that moves) and the snakes use another one}. I picked them up at Target, but I know Home Depot has them as well. I believe the size we have is the 22 gallon. They ran us, I believe, about $12 each. For the tegus and beardies, we have a clamp light attached on one side so they can see what it is we're feeding them, and it works great. I'd REALLY recommend picking one up. Grizz probably freaks out when you've tried to use your feeding box because he's unsure what he's in there for; he doesn't associate it with food yet. Stay stubborn, ONLY offer food in a separate feeding bin, and he'll eventually get hungry enough to eat. There's one member here that had to do this for two whole weeks before his tegu finally caved in and started eating in the bin.
    "Why do blessings always come in disguises? If I were a blessing, I'd run around naked."

0.1.0 Bearded Dragon; Spaz (aka "Monkey")
    1.0.0 Bearded Dragon; Leonidas (aka "Jaba" aka "Fatty)
    0.0.1 Ball Pythons; Lil' Bit

0.1.0 Argentine B/W Tegu; Bozski - *rehome*
    1.0.0 Argentine A/A Tegu; Oscar - *rehome*
    1.0.0 Ball Python; Moose - *rehome*

0.1.0 Bearded Dragon; Knuckles (aka "Kitteh"), RIP
    0.0.1 Baby B/W Tegu; unnamed, RIP

Your welcome. Since you don't have a dark colored bin you can try to feed him in the bath tub. Please make sure it's clean and doesn't have any soap or chemicals in there.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

hes been eatin every 2-3 days he eats a good amount of ground beef he wont touch much of anything else can i try like tuna or somthing

I would try some fresh tuna ( not canned ), tilapia, salmon, cod, cat fish filets, gizzards, chicken hearts, necks, hearts, frozen/thawed rodents, fruits, veggies, chicken/turkey breast, hard boiled eggs ( without the shell unless you grind up the shell into a powder. The edges are very sharp ). I know he doesn't want to eat anything else but I would let him try other things. If he doesn't want to eat other things I would let him go hungry until he will. I know it sounds cruel but it is very importent for him to eat other things. Please do not forget to put the calcium powder and vitamine powder on the foods. If you don't use the calcium powder he will get MBD ( metabolic bone desease ). The foods should be at room temps not cold. You can put the food in a zip lock bag and put it in some hot tap water to warm up.

Our videos :

yesterday he ate a lean beef patty thing i made with his vitamins and today he ate tuna and a lil raw egg with some scrambled egg

I'm happy to hear that he ate something . Please be careful with feeding the raw eggs.

Our videos :

o i am hes only getting them once every few weeks hes eating fine now ground beef and these lizar meals i bought there like Cod beef and chicken with calcium powder added other then that hes rly likin the new cage lol its a 5 ft by 3 ft by 2 ft and i figured out hes a male also does that mean hes gona get bigger