Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Under the Tank Heating

how long do UTH take to warm up? i got a small exo terra heat wave (8x8 8watt) and ive had it on for over an hour now and its just warm, not hot at all and is definetly not heating up the tank.

It can take up to several hours for the UTH to heat your substrate. UTHs are not going to (IMO) raise the overall ambient air temperature in your tank much.
    Kris, Herps they're not just a hobby, they're a way of life!

Quote Originally Posted by worleygurl
    It can take up to several hours for the UTH to heat your substrate. UTHs are not going to (IMO) raise the overall ambient air temperature in your tank much.
    You should research how heat transfer works.

It all depends on the pad as to how much of an increase in temperatures you will see and how quickly. I have a couple pads that almost instantly hot, made the mistake of setting one on a wood table while it was "warming up" so I could focus on feeding, heh, seered marks into the table. All less than 5 minutes.

the way i heat my "roach rack " (which is a modified bookshelf) is with heat rope (i dont rememebr if it's esu or zoomed maybe even exoterra)
    it covers about 3/4 of the rubbermaids (actually the generic equivalent)
    and egg cratyes are stacked up so they can get away from the heat if need be, it works very well, I have had a huge population boom to the point where i have way too many roaches for my needs (so if anyone reads this that needs any i'd be glad to sell you some super dirt cheap)

I'm looking to start two new colonys Ameivaboy, one of giant cave roaches and one discoid. How much you wanting, and where do you live for shipping it's really cold right now in ohio. Right now I raise Superworms, Mealworms, and Hissers. The hissers get fed to my tegu some times, but I keep them more because I just enjoy having them, hell my Gecko's even ate one once. Took him awhile to figure it out though hes a big boy. Well get in touch, I'm more then willing to take some of these off your hands if you don't mind.

the only roaches i have to offer right now would be lobsters and dubia
    shipping would be the standard overnight 30-40 bucks, hit me up in the chat if you wanna talk about it