Thread: my tegu is no longer a terror (pic)

Default my tegu is no longer a terror (pic)

Thanks everyone for all their help in taming my tegu. Today he let me hold him without a fight for the first time in almost a year

http://www.thetegu.com/modules.php?s...view_photo.php

Hes HUGE!!! how long is he???

Your pretty, and I like the tegu

Now that is a great pic - How big is he/she ? - Great looking Tegu :wink:
    1.0.0 Ball Python "Albino"
    1.1.0 Ball Python 100% "Het Albino"
    1.2.0 Ball Python "Pastel"
    1.0.0 Ball Python "Cinnamon Pastel"
    1.0.0 Ball Python "Spider"
    0.2.0 Ball Python "Normal"

Scooby is about four and a half feet long (I am 5'5 and he is almost as big as me). He is a year old and is FINALLY tame. He was very manageable when we first got him and then we made the mistake of putting him in a very large cage and not handling him as much as he needed. I read on a post on this website that when he started lashing his tail or acting the fool to throw water on him. It worked and I also started saying NO to him in a firm voice. He responds to NO now with no need for water. We feed him three chicks a day and a large rat once a week. We have tried to feed him greens and veggies but he won't have anything to do with them other than scattering them in disgust throughout his cage. He is currently kept in a 3X6 Vision cage. Thank you all for your comments. :P

try some overripe mangos or bananas-all animal diet will make him heavy and you look to have your hands full now! scoobie looks awesome.