Thread: My Poor African Grey

Default My Poor African Grey

Last night my grey, Ashlar got frightened and flew/hopped from his cage and got hung up on some wires and was choking. We got him to the vet and he had a steriod shot in the chest, he continued to stuggle with breathing all night we were told he probably damaged his trachea and larynx. When we woke up this morning he was much better breathing a bit easier, still not eating and he has no voice. I truly hope he makes a full recovery and that his voice returns. I also hope there isnt to much trama Greys are such big chickens I worry about the effects this will have one him.

Oh I'm so sorry! I hope he gets better.
    "Why do blessings always come in disguises? If I were a blessing, I'd run around naked."

0.1.0 Bearded Dragon; Spaz (aka "Monkey")
    1.0.0 Bearded Dragon; Leonidas (aka "Jaba" aka "Fatty)
    0.0.1 Ball Pythons; Lil' Bit

0.1.0 Argentine B/W Tegu; Bozski - *rehome*
    1.0.0 Argentine A/A Tegu; Oscar - *rehome*
    1.0.0 Ball Python; Moose - *rehome*

0.1.0 Bearded Dragon; Knuckles (aka "Kitteh"), RIP
    0.0.1 Baby B/W Tegu; unnamed, RIP

Wow that's sad. :( Well I honestly don't know a lot about birds, but my mother does so I asked her and she said u should try packing ur bird with vitamins to help him or her heal faster and recover. She also said it's probably a matter of time for him or her voice to return since it's so new. Hope this helps, best wishes!
    ❤<3❤<3❤<3❤<3❤<3

1.1.0 Ball Pythons (Sauron & Sibelle)
    1.0.0 Leopard Gecko (Neiko)
    0.1.0 Toy Rat Terrier (Daisy Marie)
    1.0.0 Red Nose Pit Bull mix (Choco)
    1.0.0 Bestest, most happiest fiance in the whole wide world! (Freddy) /!\CRITICALLY ENDANGERED SPECIE/!\ :lol: :oops:

*Pictures in my profile's album! Minus my fiance's picture, lol! xD*

I'm so sorry to hear about what happened to Ashlar :( . Hope he will get better soon. Please keep us posted on how he is doing. I will keep him in my prayers.

Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Thank You very much! He is physically seems normal... breathing well, but he only makes course squawking sounds, however I am confident in his attitude he will make a full recovery.. it will just take time.... Thank you Sephora for talking to your Mom, I am on the way to the pet store this morning so I will see what they have for him.... So until he is back to normal the silence is truly deafening

Thanks Again!

Yw dear! I wish u the best and also that ur parrot makes a full recovery.
    ❤<3❤<3❤<3❤<3❤<3

1.1.0 Ball Pythons (Sauron & Sibelle)
    1.0.0 Leopard Gecko (Neiko)
    0.1.0 Toy Rat Terrier (Daisy Marie)
    1.0.0 Red Nose Pit Bull mix (Choco)
    1.0.0 Bestest, most happiest fiance in the whole wide world! (Freddy) /!\CRITICALLY ENDANGERED SPECIE/!\ :lol: :oops:

*Pictures in my profile's album! Minus my fiance's picture, lol! xD*