Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hello! Fairly new reptile owner!

To Angelrose - Haha thanks thats what im hoping for! He barley wanted to touch my gecko but he did and he didnt seem to like it. I blame the popular belief that reptiles are "slimey disgusting creatures that are nothing but cold-blooded killers." So, Im trying to get him educated on reptiles. I wanted him to hold on a snake but he walked away haha :c

To Tx - Thanks :3 Just because of the media corrupting the images of all reptiles really. He hates snakes the most compared to lizards and such. Yeah I know I saw an adult Tegu and she was so nice to me it was some vendor's pet and he allowed me to pet her and to put her on my lap. I wanted to show my dad but he said "No I dont want to see any big disgusting lizard!".

That's the thing. I DON'T want that to happen to me so thats why im under constant studies. Sadly, I made a thread and people are saying a tegu isnt for me :s Maybe if my dad ever eases up with crickets and at LEAST rodents we can make some progress.
    Britt's Animals!

0.1.0 Gargoyle Gecko (Jackie)

1.0.0 Shiba Inu (Riku)

0.1.0 German/Lab (Meadow)

Well I think some reptiles know when they are scaring some one. When I first got Zilla I was showing him to this one girl and she said he was pretty cute and said she'd at least pet himt this point he was like 9in nose to tail. Still a little guy. The girl who I really liked at the time (it didn't work out), said that she had thought about it and was ready to hold him. As soon as she put her hand out....that little smart *** jumped on her and landed on her shirt. right on her chest. She was flipping out and screaming. Her dad was right there and gave me a death stare because I reached out and grabbed Zilla...and ...yeah you get the point. he thought I was as it was put "making advances".
    1.0.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    0.0.2 African Pyxie Frog
    1.0.0 Blood Python
    1.0.0 Albino Burmese Python
    1.0.0 Blue Tongue Skink
    1.0.0 Basilisk
    0.0.1 Cane Toad
    1.0.0 Albino Western Hognose

Roaches (Dubia & Lateralis)

Quote Originally Posted by the enigma View Post
    As soon as she put her hand out....that little smart *** jumped on her and landed on her shirt. right on her chest. She was flipping out and screaming. Her dad was right there and gave me a death stare because I reached out and grabbed Zilla...and ...yeah you get the point. he thought I was as it was put "making advances".
    BWAHAHAH!!! Oh c'mon, you KNOW you trained him to do that so you could cop a cheap feel.
    "Why do blessings always come in disguises? If I were a blessing, I'd run around naked."

0.1.0 Bearded Dragon; Spaz (aka "Monkey")
    1.0.0 Bearded Dragon; Leonidas (aka "Jaba" aka "Fatty)
    0.0.1 Ball Pythons; Lil' Bit

0.1.0 Argentine B/W Tegu; Bozski - *rehome*
    1.0.0 Argentine A/A Tegu; Oscar - *rehome*
    1.0.0 Ball Python; Moose - *rehome*

0.1.0 Bearded Dragon; Knuckles (aka "Kitteh"), RIP
    0.0.1 Baby B/W Tegu; unnamed, RIP

I was protecting Zilla and the girl. Thats my story and i'm sticking to it. For real though I would never do that. Its just disrespectful to women. And i valued that perticular girl waaay too much to do that.
    1.0.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    0.0.2 African Pyxie Frog
    1.0.0 Blood Python
    1.0.0 Blue Tongue Skink
    1.0.0 Basilisk
    0.0.1 Cane Toad

It's still a really funny story, like what you see in sitcoms or movies.
    "Why do blessings always come in disguises? If I were a blessing, I'd run around naked."

0.1.0 Bearded Dragon; Spaz (aka "Monkey")
    1.0.0 Bearded Dragon; Leonidas (aka "Jaba" aka "Fatty)
    0.0.1 Ball Pythons; Lil' Bit

0.1.0 Argentine B/W Tegu; Bozski - *rehome*
    1.0.0 Argentine A/A Tegu; Oscar - *rehome*
    1.0.0 Ball Python; Moose - *rehome*

0.1.0 Bearded Dragon; Knuckles (aka "Kitteh"), RIP
    0.0.1 Baby B/W Tegu; unnamed, RIP

Thats unfortunate LOL
    Britt's Animals!

0.1.0 Gargoyle Gecko (Jackie)

1.0.0 Shiba Inu (Riku)

0.1.0 German/Lab (Meadow)

Well maybe this can help change your dads mind . Feeder roaches are better then the crickets. I recommend the dubia roaches because they don't climb ( so no escaped roaches like you would have with the crickets. The roaches live longer and don't smell. When it comes to the rodents I recommend frozen/thawed ones. The good thing about the Tegus is they don't leave any sheded hair any where like cats and dogs do .

Info on the frozen/thawed rodents:

http://www.rodentpro.com/qpage_articles_01.asp

Video on the roaches :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgir...11/CJvbOGx1ZAU

A video of Leonidas ( Argentine b/w Tegu ) and I taking a nap. This way your dad can see that they can be great pets .

Leonidas and my son :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgir...53/lc4hpnfx1YY

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgir...52/96pCldMmj_I

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgir...56/3PYKDp8KiX8

Leonidas in the bed :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgir...46/3oOLjkMzJFM
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Yeah I don't know where I'd be without my roach colony. They are better then crickets. period.
    1.0.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    0.0.2 African Pyxie Frog
    1.0.0 Blood Python
    1.0.0 Blue Tongue Skink
    1.0.0 Basilisk
    0.0.1 Cane Toad

Quote Originally Posted by the enigma View Post
    Well I think some reptiles know when they are scaring some one. When I first got Zilla I was showing him to this one girl and she said he was pretty cute and said she'd at least pet himt this point he was like 9in nose to tail. Still a little guy. The girl who I really liked at the time (it didn't work out), said that she had thought about it and was ready to hold him. As soon as she put her hand out....that little smart *** jumped on her and landed on her shirt. right on her chest. She was flipping out and screaming. Her dad was right there and gave me a death stare because I reached out and grabbed Zilla...and ...yeah you get the point. he thought I was as it was put "making advances".
    I'm sorry enigma, but Idk if I wanna laugh, or cry! That's pretty intense! Btw I'm sorry it didn't work out. :sad:
    ❤<3❤<3❤<3❤<3❤<3

1.1.0 Ball Pythons (Sauron & Sibelle)
    1.0.0 Leopard Gecko (Neiko)
    0.1.0 Toy Rat Terrier (Daisy Marie)
    1.0.0 Red Nose Pit Bull mix (Choco)
    1.0.0 Bestest, most happiest fiance in the whole wide world! (Freddy) /!\CRITICALLY ENDANGERED SPECIE/!\ :lol: :oops:

*Pictures in my profile's album! Minus my fiance's picture, lol! xD*

Quote Originally Posted by Sephora View Post
    I'm sorry enigma, but Idk if I wanna laugh, or cry! That's pretty intense! Btw I'm sorry it didn't work out. :sad:
    Yeah I know. I've been talking to a new girl tho and I know she is cool with snakes cuz I've seen her hold her brothers ball python with ease.
    1.0.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    0.0.2 African Pyxie Frog
    1.0.0 Blood Python
    1.0.0 Blue Tongue Skink
    1.0.0 Basilisk
    0.0.1 Cane Toad