Thread: I need help quick

Default I need help quick

wow ive already posted two help me posts lol, you guys must think Im special... so i posted last week about my tegu slowing down and figured out it was just start to hibernate, but i asked the breeder i got him from and he said i needed to heat up the cage right away and make sure it eats for at least another two weeks due to it being a baby, i believe its only a couple months old and is starting to look a little slender, do i leave it be or try to do what the breeder said? Im heating the tank as we speak.

if he is looking on the small sized it wont hurt to turn the temps back up and offer food
    (but is the tail skinny or just the body? my Harley looks skinny, but has a big fat tail & hasn't eaten in over 2 months now)
    1.2.0 Argen Black & White
    1.1.0 Red Tegu
    0.0.1 Blue Tegu
    1.0.0 All American Tegu
    0.1.0 Hypo Red Tail Boa
    1.0.0 Lazik Tiger BP
    1.0.0 Normal Paradox BP
    1.0.0 Cuban Tree Frog
    2.3.0 America Toads
    1.0.0 Masked Ferret
    1.1.0 Children
    Rats & Roaches (Dubia)

RIP-
    0.0.1 RedxB/W Tegu (Stevie Wonder)
    1.0.0 Croc Gecko (Waylan Jones I)

& More to come

well the tail looks normal, i guess, but he is only a couple months old, idk maybe im just paranoid

At that age, IMO, you should keep the temps up and let the tegu eat until he's satiated every day. Their survival strategy in the wild is to grow rapidly from hatchling to late juvenile. That takes lots of food.

I agree, my tegu was 3wks old when I got him in August, and was only 10". I kept him warm and offer him food sometimes 3 times a dat in order to build him up in case he decided to hibenate. He is now 23" with a very fat tail so even if he does hibernate I will not have to worry.
    1.0.0 all American tegu (Jedi)
    0.0.1 Argus monitor (Blitz)
    1.0.0 macklots python (Punisher)
    0.1.0 snapping turtle (Spike)
    0.1.0 fat tail gecko (Lady Jaye)
    0.0.1 tokay gecko (Snake eyes)
    1.0.0 fire skink (Blaze)