Thread: A Snake Keeper,,now gonna finally get a Tegu,,,,

Default A Snake Keeper,,now gonna finally get a Tegu,,,,

Been keeping snakes for about 10 years. Have 10 now. Have most in a Freedom Breeder rack and a couple in cages. I have always wanted a Tegu. And now I actually have the room for one. Love forums like these. The best info are from keepers themselves. I am looking at getting a Blue Argentine. there is a show this next weekend in Pasadena.
    I am sure I will have many questions. I have read alot...but always want to know more.
    I have a 30 gallon long to start in. And a 4 x 2 to move up when ready. Then will go from that size to larger.
    Thanks

Welcome to the site. This is a great place to ask questions, offer advice, and share experiences.
    1.0.0 all American tegu (Jedi)
    0.0.1 Argus monitor (Blitz)
    1.0.0 macklots python (Punisher)
    0.1.0 snapping turtle (Spike)
    0.1.0 fat tail gecko (Lady Jaye)
    0.0.1 tokay gecko (Snake eyes)
    1.0.0 fire skink (Blaze)

Hi Financier. Welcome to our Tegu forum family . I know you sad that you are going to get one at the expo but I recommend getting one directly from a breeder. This way you will know where the Tegu came from, who the parents are and when the Tegu was born. We have a great 100% Argentine blue Tegu breeder here on the forum ( well actually two but one of them doesn't breed his this year ). His name is wil ( username ). If you want to you can check out his post about the Tegus he has for sale right now. Good luck with everything.

http://www.thetegu.com/showthread.ph...lues-available.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

I completely agree with buying from a breeder. All my snakes are from specific breeders and lineage. I was just going to see if there were any breeders at the show. But , I will still contact the breeder you mentioned. Thanks,

You rarely if ever see blues at shows from what I hear.

Your welcome . That is true. I go to a lot of expos and never seen a Argentine blue Tegu there. Just the Argentine b/w, reds or the Columbian Tegus. I forgot to mention one more Argentine blue Tegu breeder. I have two of his Tegus and I'm very happy with them ( but mine are hybrids ). He just bred the hybrids one time. The other ones are all 100% blues. If you need him info let me know.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v9.../Baby%20Blues/
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

I've personally never seen blues at shows either.

Oh and welcome to the site!
    1.0.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    0.0.2 African Pyxie Frog
    1.0.0 Blood Python
    1.0.0 Albino Burmese Python
    1.0.0 Blue Tongue Skink
    1.0.0 Basilisk
    0.0.1 Cane Toad
    1.0.0 Albino Western Hognose

Roaches (Dubia & Lateralis)

Welcome to the site Financier! Hope u can get ur blue guy soon! They r gorgeous lil' creatures! Well if u have any questions just feel free to ask and look around. The sire has a lot of helpful info. everywhere, great ppl here always willing to help out!
    ❤<3❤<3❤<3❤<3❤<3

1.1.0 Ball Pythons (Sauron & Sibelle)
    1.0.0 Leopard Gecko (Neiko)
    0.1.0 Toy Rat Terrier (Daisy Marie)
    1.0.0 Red Nose Pit Bull mix (Choco)
    1.0.0 Bestest, most happiest fiance in the whole wide world! (Freddy) /!\CRITICALLY ENDANGERED SPECIE/!\ :lol: :oops:

*Pictures in my profile's album! Minus my fiance's picture, lol! xD*

I think you will love Tegus, they are a great choice, and (in my opinion) have more personality than snakes.