Thread: Are you guys ready for Christmas?

Default Are you guys ready for Christmas?

Some people might be like its only November but the day after Halloween, the people at the local dollar store had already put Christmas items up. Tim Hortons was fully decked out in Christmas apparel the first week of November, the staff was even wearing santa hats. I understand why buisness push Christmas because of the large profit margins that is involved with it, but it seems to me that it comes earlier every year. Anyways, have you guys started getting ready for Christmas?

Me personally I leave it for last minute :oops:
    0.0.1 2010 Argentine Red Tegu
    1.1 2006 Ackie Monitors

2004 Albino Boa
    0.3 2001 Normal/2003&2010 100% het. Albino Colombian Boa
    0.1 2005 Red Nic. Boa
    0.2 2006 Stripe/Reverse Stripe Nic. Boa's
    1.1 2004 Braz. Rainbow Boa's
    1.1 2004/2007 Guatemalan boa

We have put all our Christmas decorations up but haven't started shopping yet. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Christmas and always put the tree up the weekend after Thanksgiving. Plus we try to follow a traditional advent celebration and have devotions that usually begin the last Sunday of Nov or 1st Sunday in Dec.
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

Ah Timmies, gotta have my Timmies in the AM!
    I have got a good dent into my shopping, mostly just kids we need to buy for so that makes it so much easier. My daughters birthday is Nov 27 so we don't put decorations up until after that so probably next weekend for the tree. My Tegu gets his new tank for x-mas...my hubby better get a move on it!
    Vanessa
    Ontario, Canada
    1.0.0 Argentine Black and White Tegu (Dezie)
    0.1.0 Argenitne Red Tegu (rehome)
    1.0.1 Fat-Tailed Gecko (Holly and Chugington)
    1.0.0 Brittish Bulldog (Bently)
    1.0.0 Cockerpug (Ryder) Perfect name as he "rides" everything!
    0.2.0 Children (Cadence 5, Jordan 2)
    Large Saltwater tank that contains Dory, Nemo, Marlin, Foxface, 4 Gobeys, firefish, a couple shrimps, and a grumpy Brittle Star that eats fish while they sleep!

We put our tree up on Thanksgiving. It's been a tradition for many years!

For Christmas I'd really like some field herping gear.
    1.0.0. English Budgie (Peanut)
    1.0.0. Red-Eared Slider (Rocky)
    1.0.0. Bearded Dragon (Gomek)
    www.youtube.com/SnakeEyes223

What are Timmies?

I'm old now, so my Christmas wish includes things like the new sink faucet hubby installed for me yesterday and the new dishwasher coming next week. I'd really like a Solarmeter, but funds are tight right now. We do a lot of family Christmas things during the holidays like see a new movie, walk around the parks that are lit up, go to the Nutcracker ballet, maybe visit an attraction, and we are going ice skating for the first time this year at a portable outdoor ice rink. We cook a big dinner and invite friends to stop by all day long on Christmas day.
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs

Quote Originally Posted by laurarfl View Post
    What are Timmies?

I'm old now, so my Christmas wish includes things like the new sink faucet hubby installed for me yesterday and the new dishwasher coming next week. I'd really like a Solarmeter, but funds are tight right now. We do a lot of family Christmas things during the holidays like see a new movie, walk around the parks that are lit up, go to the Nutcracker ballet, maybe visit an attraction, and we are going ice skating for the first time this year at a portable outdoor ice rink. We cook a big dinner and invite friends to stop by all day long on Christmas day.
    Timmies is Tim Hortons Coffee, I think they put something in it to make it addictive!
    Your christmas plans sound wonderful. We are about 75% done out shopping for the kids and when we are done that we determine what our wish list is going to be. My hubby wants an iphone 4 but they are pretty hard to come by this time of year. I am going for clothes like I usually do. I want a new game for PS3 ( DDR) I believe it is coming out right about now. Oh and my biggest present is my new Tegu tank my hubby is working on for Dezie. Will be 8x4x4 with a 1' sub floor so we can have a sunken pond ( with an edge to stop mulch from going in) and a sunken hide on the other side. We are planning on doing some sort of a wall waterfall as Dezie just loves his showers everyday so I think he will really like this. I have $400 put away for this tank but extras will be part of my wish list. This year we go to the inlaws for dinner and gift exchange and will enjoy some family time for the rest of the holiday. Maybe take the girls snow tubing ro sledding if we have a good amount of snow.
    Vanessa
    Ontario, Canada
    1.0.0 Argentine Black and White Tegu (Dezie)
    0.1.0 Argenitne Red Tegu (rehome)
    1.0.1 Fat-Tailed Gecko (Holly and Chugington)
    1.0.0 Brittish Bulldog (Bently)
    1.0.0 Cockerpug (Ryder) Perfect name as he "rides" everything!
    0.2.0 Children (Cadence 5, Jordan 2)
    Large Saltwater tank that contains Dory, Nemo, Marlin, Foxface, 4 Gobeys, firefish, a couple shrimps, and a grumpy Brittle Star that eats fish while they sleep!

Tim Hortons my hubby is from Toronto and I have to agree nothing better than a cup of Timmies I wonder if he would drive the 3 hours to the border just for coffee?? HONEY???

I guess here it would be like Barnie's traditional holiday blend coffee.

Snow tubing is so much fun! We went to the mountains last Christmas and went snow tubing. It was hysterical! We freeze to death because we are so used to sub tropical temps. I was wearing thermal pants, sweat pants, then snow pants, a thermal shirt, a sweatshirt, then show jacket, gloves, and hat. I look like some huge, gray snow man, lol!

Sounds like Dezie will love his present.
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs

No, not yet. I'm going to put up our Christmas decoration this week. If stores keep being like this I'm not surprised if we see Valentine stuff at the stores right before Christmas lol.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl