Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 8x4x4' build thread

So I guess I kind of left this thread hanging! So the enclosure has been finished for a little while (the interior anyways) with the exception to the odd new furniture or decoration. The water fall is now working and yes you all warned me he has taken a liking to pooping in the water but because it has easy access plumbing so I am able to drain, clean, and refill in less then 10 minutes. We have two real plants in there that seem so be doing okay. On the one side by the pond we have a Pothos and the other side has a boston Firn. He loves his sunken hides, and the new rock we just put in there. Anyways here are some new picks of the tank.

So the tank cost some $$$ so we are holding off a bit to do the outside nice. The top of the enclosure is slightly slanted so we are thinking tikki roof with some kind of a staw and I really want to find bamboo tubes cut in half to line the outside walls. Not sure where to find this stuff but I think it will be worth the wait. If you have any ideas for the outside please share or things that would be better for the inside too. Its big so I don't want to just paint it a plain colour but it is a nice paint grade wood so a stain is not an option.

Thanks for looking
    Vanessa
    Ontario, Canada
    1.0.0 Argentine Black and White Tegu (Dezie)
    0.1.0 Argenitne Red Tegu (rehome)
    1.0.1 Fat-Tailed Gecko (Holly and Chugington)
    1.0.0 Brittish Bulldog (Bently)
    1.0.0 Cockerpug (Ryder) Perfect name as he "rides" everything!
    0.2.0 Children (Cadence 5, Jordan 2)
    Large Saltwater tank that contains Dory, Nemo, Marlin, Foxface, 4 Gobeys, firefish, a couple shrimps, and a grumpy Brittle Star that eats fish while they sleep!

very nice ,your little guy looks pretty healthy.

Nice work. Is that a pond on the right?

Could you possibly show a picture directly looking up at how the lights and wires are installed? Like, have your tegu hold your camera and lay on its back on the basking stone and aim it straight up? I'm trying to get ideas of how to install lights so they are the right height and not touchable, and won't catch the ceiling on fire.

Thank you and yes that is a pond. It holds over 15g of water that is plumbed with the waterfall to keep the water circulating. The lights are hung with a chain that I got at the hardware store and it is attached to the cord by a zip cord and the chain is hung by a hook. That way we can change the height if need be.
    Vanessa
    Ontario, Canada
    1.0.0 Argentine Black and White Tegu (Dezie)
    0.1.0 Argenitne Red Tegu (rehome)
    1.0.1 Fat-Tailed Gecko (Holly and Chugington)
    1.0.0 Brittish Bulldog (Bently)
    1.0.0 Cockerpug (Ryder) Perfect name as he "rides" everything!
    0.2.0 Children (Cadence 5, Jordan 2)
    Large Saltwater tank that contains Dory, Nemo, Marlin, Foxface, 4 Gobeys, firefish, a couple shrimps, and a grumpy Brittle Star that eats fish while they sleep!

Craft stores are a great place top get bamboo and other tiki type materials.
    "Why do blessings always come in disguises? If I were a blessing, I'd run around naked."

0.1.0 Bearded Dragon; Spaz (aka "Monkey")
    1.0.0 Bearded Dragon; Leonidas (aka "Jaba" aka "Fatty)
    0.0.1 Ball Pythons; Lil' Bit

0.1.0 Argentine B/W Tegu; Bozski - *rehome*
    1.0.0 Argentine A/A Tegu; Oscar - *rehome*
    1.0.0 Ball Python; Moose - *rehome*

0.1.0 Bearded Dragon; Knuckles (aka "Kitteh"), RIP
    0.0.1 Baby B/W Tegu; unnamed, RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Nessie View Post
    Thank you and yes that is a pond. It holds over 15g of water that is plumbed with the waterfall to keep the water circulating.
    Oops, sorry, now I remember. I hadn't scrolled back to review the beginning of the post :oops:

Quote Originally Posted by Nessie View Post
    The lights are hung with a chain that I got at the hardware store and it is attached to the cord by a zip cord and the chain is hung by a hook. That way we can change the height if need be.
    Thank you, the chain is a great solution to what I've been worried about, installing the lights then realizing they need to be adjusted.