Thread: Want to buy a Tegu in Canada.

Default Want to buy a Tegu in Canada.

Heey there. I'm in Hamilton, ON Canada. There's very little selection around here when it comes to Tegu's. When you finally find a store that has them, there very stressed, undersized and sick looking. I'm wondering if anyone has a male Tegu for sale in Canada, or knows of any reputable Canadian breeders. I'd prefer a tame, adult/young adult, Giant Tegu, sexed male.

Thank You

If you wait until the June expo in the City then you'll have your pick of Tegus. They aren't captive bred but thats about as good as it ill get in Canada, atleast for now. They come up every now and then on local classified ads, here are a few that are active right now. Obviously its hard to tell ho healthy they are until you go and take a look at them but heres a few:
    This first ad was originally asking $125 and now he is best offer so thats a great price.
    http://www.reptilescanada.com/classi...t=47379&cat=28
    http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-pets-othe...AdIdZ242276225
    This ine is apparently 2 years old but if that is a current pic then I would question

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-pets-othe...AdIdZ241769700
    Your best bet is to wait for the expo and get a hatchling, they grow so fast that if the previous owner never paid much attention to UV and supplements they can already have early stages of MBD that you may not be able to detect at first glance. With that being said I got my Red from kijiji for $125 and was perfectly healthy. They bought her without researching size and didn't want to have to house such a large lizzie.
    Vanessa
    Ontario, Canada
    1.0.0 Argentine Black and White Tegu (Dezie)
    0.1.0 Argenitne Red Tegu (rehome)
    1.0.1 Fat-Tailed Gecko (Holly and Chugington)
    1.0.0 Brittish Bulldog (Bently)
    1.0.0 Cockerpug (Ryder) Perfect name as he "rides" everything!
    0.2.0 Children (Cadence 5, Jordan 2)
    Large Saltwater tank that contains Dory, Nemo, Marlin, Foxface, 4 Gobeys, firefish, a couple shrimps, and a grumpy Brittle Star that eats fish while they sleep!

Well you can try on kijiji, but finding baby black and white argentine is pretty hard. Even in expo, I've been there in the last 4 years to the Montreal reptile expo, and Portcreditcentre is the only one that was selling tegus and it was only colombian or red tegu.

But if you go near your petshop, you can try to talk with the boss and go with him to the supplyer that will receive tegus (not very often because they have a lot of difficulty to sell them). But you can go with him and choose your specimen. You can give it a try, it cost nothing.
    Ben
    0.1.0, 2007, Bearded Dragon (Uresaii)
    1.0.0, 1999, Hermann Tortoise (Tama-chan)
    0.1.0, 2007, Redfoot Tortoise (Kame-chan)

Got msn? If you want to talk to me just leave me a private message !

Try TeguTopia, I bought my 2 month old black and white argentine male Tegu from there and they are a fantastic breeder, A++++ super nice easy to talk to, answer any/all questions I got him fron the Toronto reptile exo in september, there is another expo this weekend in Ajax (Oct.21.2012). That would be your best bet. Goodluck!!.