Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Boys Enclosure

Question:
    What did you use on the walls and rocks surfaces to create that great artificial form and texture? Some form of foam I'm guessing? A link to the product would be great!

Looks fantastic!!!

THe built in water bowl, how do you go about changing the water? It seems you wouldn't be able to "change" it?
    1.0 Argentine Black and White Tegu -Kimosabi-

Quote Originally Posted by Max713 View Post
    Question:
    What did you use on the walls and rocks surfaces to create that great artificial form and texture? Some form of foam I'm guessing? A link to the product would be great!

Looks fantastic!!!

THe built in water bowl, how do you go about changing the water? It seems you wouldn't be able to "change" it?
    Hey there

Nope, i didnt used any foam.. only tile adhesive ( that one you use in the Bathroom to tiling ) , expandet Polystyrene, Epoxy resin and Sand.
    I´m from Germany.. i dont think Productlinks will be helpful for you
    The water Bowl was removeable.. it was a nice thing when my Boy was young.. but now its removed and he has got a Waterfall instead

Quote Originally Posted by fusionf5 View Post
    Can you or someone tell me exactly how you made that. A step by step would be nice. I see what products you used but I'm not sure how you mixed or applied them to get that finish. Thanks
    At first sealing the Wood ( OSB ) with Epoxy resin.
    when its dry.. napping a bit.
    fixing the formed polystyrene with glue
    then use the Tile adhesive.. at first a thin coat.. when its dry a thick coat ( here you can form some cliff structure) and then at least one day drying.
    If you want it very stable you can repeat the Step another times ( recommended )
    Then use the Epoxy resin, multible coats are recommended.. at the last coat use Sand, strew it and press it onto the Epoxy.
    I used two different Sands.. a fine red for the background and a corse-grainded Yellow for the Structure

Sorry for my bad English.. i hope it Helps you
    Pinhead: Welcome to the worst nightmare of all... reality!