Thread: Finished! (Kinda) Underbed enclosure

Default Finished! (Kinda) Underbed enclosure

Well, it's been a while but... I finally have the enclosure in my room and it takes up over half of the room. xD Terrible picture but... It works. There's a rail going on the side of the bed so I don't fall off and break bones or anything but I'm still polyurethaning it. Also, the white around the bottom will be covered up with the substrate. If I try to sit up in the bed, my head is up against the wall. And I made a custom ladder out of 2x4s.

Dio's digging keeps me awake at night and he's in the other room! I cant Imagine sleeping above it, but it looks very nice, I like the color of the finish you used. The heat rising from the cage will probably keep your bed really warm
    1.0.0 B&W Argentine Tegu (Dio)
    1.1.0 Crested geckos (re homed)
    0.1.0 Tartar Sand Boa(re homed)
    0.1.0 Axolotl (Smaug)
    1.0.0 Tabby Cat (Dippy)
    Madagascar Hissing roaches

That is super cool.Giant cage and it saves room.But if you fall out of bed its along way down...

Ah, yeah. I made a railing for it since I started sleeping in it to keep from falling off.

How you said your tegu in the other room kept you up, I remember in August-November I had a hedgehog (I traded for peach throat monitor,but the hedgehog loved everyone else but the second he saw me, curled up into a ball spiking me and if I try to move him or touch him he would bite me as hard as he could), I have a big "treasure" chest in my room (not a treasure chest, just a huge chest), and his cage was on it. Sometimes I would wake up in the night, look over and see him running in circles in his cage. It was funny and cute at first, but then it was so annoying, it was one of the reasons I got rid of him.

I get used to noises like that. I had hamsters for quite a while and I got used to them running on the wheel all night and when it wasn't there, I couldn't sleep for a while.