Thread: Red/Black Hybrid Tegu For Sale

Default Red/Black Hybrid Tegu For Sale

I have a juvi red/black hybrid tegu (pretty sure its a girl) that I need to sell. She is somewhere in the realm of 28ish inches, and has no stripes along her back at all. Her coloration seems to be absent of red though her black isnt very black..does that make any sense? and her eyes seem larger than usual. She came from someone who was not very aware how tegus should be raised, and thus is shy about new things and a bit cage aggressive (since I guess she was always fed in her cage and never got to experience any of the world outside of it) but she is not bitey..just hisses and hides and occasionally charges and hits your hand with her face. (THATS how I know she isnt bitey...she's whacked me twice now, but never with teeth though it certainly would have been easy to do)
    When handled she is cautious but gentle, and I think will make a decent family member once someone with more time than I currently have, owns her.
    I'm sorry but I am having difficulty with pictures, (and I know no one buys without seeing the beast first) but my camera wont write to the disk thing for some reason..and that leaves only the very poor quality cell phone camera. I am asking $250 plus shipping, OBO...or local pickup in the sacramento area. Thanks!!

Good luck trying to find her a home! I live in Sac (well, Citrus Heights), but unfortunately I can't take her. And yeah, you already guessed; people will want picks. She sounds really interesting...
    "Why do blessings always come in disguises? If I were a blessing, I'd run around naked."

0.1.0 Bearded Dragon; Spaz (aka "Monkey")
    1.0.0 Bearded Dragon; Leonidas (aka "Jaba" aka "Fatty)
    0.0.1 Ball Pythons; Lil' Bit

0.1.0 Argentine B/W Tegu; Bozski - *rehome*
    1.0.0 Argentine A/A Tegu; Oscar - *rehome*
    1.0.0 Ball Python; Moose - *rehome*

0.1.0 Bearded Dragon; Knuckles (aka "Kitteh"), RIP
    0.0.1 Baby B/W Tegu; unnamed, RIP

Update!! She is now OFF the market due to some shaking I just witnessed in her legs. She needs more time under the UVB lights and more calcium apparently. Poor gu...had a harder life than I originally thought :(
    Maybe in 6 months or so, when I am sure she is ACTUALLY healthy, she will once again be looking for a new home..but I guess right now I'm stuck with her. Cant very well let the poor baby go when she isnt feeling well!!! She moves around fine though, so she ought to be able to make a full recovery...forget the fluorescent bulbs, its mercury vapor time!!!

Oh poor thing!! Did'ja get brand new MVBs for her? The fact that you straightforward stated that you noticed the shaking leads me to believe that you're of an honorable nature and that you really want to make sure she goes to a good home. Good luck bringing her back to health... you might wanna consider taking her to a herp vet as well, just to see just how bad things are.
    "Why do blessings always come in disguises? If I were a blessing, I'd run around naked."

0.1.0 Bearded Dragon; Spaz (aka "Monkey")
    1.0.0 Bearded Dragon; Leonidas (aka "Jaba" aka "Fatty)
    0.0.1 Ball Pythons; Lil' Bit

0.1.0 Argentine B/W Tegu; Bozski - *rehome*
    1.0.0 Argentine A/A Tegu; Oscar - *rehome*
    1.0.0 Ball Python; Moose - *rehome*

0.1.0 Bearded Dragon; Knuckles (aka "Kitteh"), RIP
    0.0.1 Baby B/W Tegu; unnamed, RIP