Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kimo's life and growth thread

Very cute!

What a month, Kimo is now 23" long, that's 6 inches in one month!!!
    It's not only been an incredible month for growth physically, but he seems to be getting smarter every day. He's now completely used to me, with zero fear. He doesn't hide from me in his enclosure, he doesn't breath heavy or seemed stressed at all during handling. The only even slight bit of hesitation he ever shows is a little puffing show when I go to grab him out of his enclosure. A little show is right, he doesn't even shy away from me, litte huff, in my hand and ready to explore. Now that I think about it, he hasn't even done that in the past few days...

His potty training has began, every day when he is taken out of his enclosure, straight into the tub he goes. He isn't aloud out to roam until he's done his business. He seems to have figured this out, he's never liked his baths, so now he seems to squeeze one out as soon as possible in order to get out of the tub as quickly as possible *pausing for a second, Kimo just leaped on my lap from the back of the couch*
    People warned me how badly Tegu poop smelled... I could never have imagined... The best I could describe it, would be if the devil himself ate nothing but old chinese food, kafiltafish and asparagus for two weeks, took a dump on a plate and put it in the microwave.

Kimo now spends a lot of time out of his enclosure, up to 2, maybe 3 hours a day. He's quite the curious guy, and he's finally getting to the point where I can actually let him check stuff out, without the fear of him running, or fitting through the tiniest crevasses. He loves running around the kitchen while I cook dinner!

He's eating like crazy to what comes out to be about a tenth of a pound of food for day, still a picky eater, but absolutely chows down on turkey.

I guess what I'm getting at is Tegu's are all that they are made out to be, I love my little guy!
    One month ago:

Now!

1.0 Argentine Black and White Tegu -Kimosabi-

Still growing like crazy, 3 weeks later, and he's now 29" long! Eating like an absolute pig.

He looks amazing! I can't wait til my babies get this big. I am so impatient. I won't be as nervous to let them roam free when they are bigger.
    For now I will keep them on a leash so they can't get too far from me or go into hiding.

I love that last pic! It's like the reptile equivalent of a faceplant.
    "Why do blessings always come in disguises? If I were a blessing, I'd run around naked."

0.1.0 Bearded Dragon; Spaz (aka "Monkey")
    1.0.0 Bearded Dragon; Leonidas (aka "Jaba" aka "Fatty)
    0.0.1 Ball Pythons; Lil' Bit

0.1.0 Argentine B/W Tegu; Bozski - *rehome*
    1.0.0 Argentine A/A Tegu; Oscar - *rehome*
    1.0.0 Ball Python; Moose - *rehome*

0.1.0 Bearded Dragon; Knuckles (aka "Kitteh"), RIP
    0.0.1 Baby B/W Tegu; unnamed, RIP

A month has gone by, and Kimo has grown another 8.5"! Thats almost 3/4 of a foot in one month!
    He's doin great!

Those are some great pictures . He looks very healthy and happy. You are right about the poop smelling bad lol. I do the same thing with our Tegus ( put them right in the tub when we get them out ). Just be careful. Sometimes they go again after they got done eating . It wouldn't surprise me if he goes behind the fridge because it's warm there.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

_DSC1882 by Max713, on Flickr

Well, Kimo hit one year old yesterday! Coming in at a whopping 38" long!
    Seems to be in full swing Tegu puberty :/

Wow, he's turned into quite the chunky monkey, hasn't he?
    "Why do blessings always come in disguises? If I were a blessing, I'd run around naked."

0.1.0 Bearded Dragon; Spaz (aka "Monkey")
    1.0.0 Bearded Dragon; Leonidas (aka "Jaba" aka "Fatty)
    0.0.1 Ball Pythons; Lil' Bit

0.1.0 Argentine B/W Tegu; Bozski - *rehome*
    1.0.0 Argentine A/A Tegu; Oscar - *rehome*
    1.0.0 Ball Python; Moose - *rehome*

0.1.0 Bearded Dragon; Knuckles (aka "Kitteh"), RIP
    0.0.1 Baby B/W Tegu; unnamed, RIP