Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: M8.8!!!

I have to be Noah's ark(lol)for my all reptiles

BTW, according to internet Japanese reptiles forums/sites, many pet animals were dead by earthquake and electric low around earthquake center

Amen
    Last edited by Godspeed; 03-14-2011 at 03:59 AM.

That's very sad that the pets have to suffer as well as the people.

Before I moved out of my old apartment, we had a noteworthy earthquake one evening -- within 6 months of a quake that had crushed a number of people and structures. I went into a panic and jumped into my "safe corner," where the structure was supposed to be most stable. I was in such terror, it was like I was climbing straight up the walls I was clinging to. When it stopped I went to look at my pair of young garter snakes. They were having the same reaction as me! Their posture, even the look in their faces, was just how I felt. Then I had to run into the bathroom, because the adrenalin was giving me a physical reaction in my gut. I came out and BOTH the little snakes had had the same reaction!! Cleaning them up helped to calm me down and give me something else to focus on.

It's our role to take care of these little guys, but so often they remind us that we aren't that far apart in our core. And, they also help take care of us.

Wow. That's alot of animals to cuddle up with and keep warm . Hope they all will get along. I'm so sorry that you ( others and the animals ) have to deal with such hard times right now. Hopefully all this will be over soon.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

This thread almost brought tears to my eyes.

You have my deepest condolences and I hope you as well as your family and animals are able to stay safe.

Glad to hear that you're safe. I sure hope everything in Japan recovers quickly. First the earthquake in Haiti and now one in Japan, what disaster is going to strike next?
    1.0.0. English Budgie (Peanut)
    1.0.0. Red-Eared Slider (Rocky)
    1.0.0. Bearded Dragon (Gomek)
    www.youtube.com/SnakeEyes223

My condolences...
    The Japan government set right the magnitude8.8 to 9.0 the earthquake 4days ago
    and now over 8000people died with Tunami, missing people are over 10,000

Here in Tokyo my town, many cars are standing in long line the petrol stations,
    We cannot get water/rice/bread/dry-cell battery any more
    Electric company decided to knock out power hourly
    My house has got some cracks on the wall

I bought foods for 3-5days alreadly, but there was a big earthquake this morning again
    The earthquake center was the Tokyo bay, the earthquake is drawing closer to my town day by day
    I am not get enough sleep...
    Last edited by Godspeed; 03-15-2011 at 07:20 AM.

I feel very bad for your situation, for you and everyone in Japan.

I read that the most recent tsunami warning was cancelled, so that is a good thing. I'm sure everyone is beside themselves with fear and apprehension.

Remember, those cracks you see are probably just on the surface of the outer layer -- they don't mean that your house has been weakened. You are probably safest if you stay indoors, safe from power lines and debris in case of an aftershock. I imagine people on the street are quite emotional at this time.

Does the running water work in your home at all? Can you fill containers while it is available, so you have less to worry about if things aren't working again soon? It's good that you have supplies for a few days, but I'm sure a city like Tokyo will pull itself together sooner than you think.

Get sleep when you can and just take care of yourself (and your reptiles). The earth will quiet down. Many people here want to help.

Thank you
    Fortunately, housewater run as usual, also gas and electric power right now
    I am really concerned about radioactive contamination
    radiation value goes up in Tokyo honestly (The government said this noon)
    As you mentioned, I am indoor as possible(but sometimes I have to go to a supermaket/home-centre etc)

My family and I also thinking go out from Tokyo temporarily
    Then I have to leave from all my reptiles...
    I can't do anything against them then

You have to do what's necessary for your safety.

Maybe you have a friend who can't stay in their own home, who could stay in yours while you are gone, and take basic care of the animals?

maybe I can ask some of my friends to keep my reptiles, but not all of them
    I keep over 30 animals including tegu/monitor/colbrids/boas/pythons/turtles/tortoise