Thread: Here's to St. Pat's Day

Default Here's to St. Pat's Day

T-ShirtHumor.com

LMFAO, i laughed so hard i started choking.

Being Irish i hate the fact that this "Holiday" has turned into a day of drinking & "everyone is Irish on St. Patrick's Day"
    dont get me wrong i'm not a fan of why he has a day, but i was driving through the next city over & i see the Italian resurant (huge italian pride place) was all decked out with shamrocks, all the italian flags had been replaced with Irish flags, & it made my stomach turn.
    i even take down my irish flag on this butchered holiday.

sorry for venting on the forum about this subject, but coming from a proud Irish Herritage that goes all the way back to the 1st king of Ireland, what people have done to the Irish stereotype makes me sick & St. Patrick's Day is a sad day in my opion.

to me this is a family day, we stay home i make an Ulster Fry for breakfast then have a early dinner of Corned Beef & Cabbage then spend time with our family. we even have our kids skip school for it.

sorry again, but that is the best thing i've seen to do with St Patrick's Day.... Thank you for the mood lifter
    1.2.0 Argen Black & White
    1.1.0 Red Tegu
    0.0.1 Blue Tegu
    1.0.0 All American Tegu
    0.1.0 Hypo Red Tail Boa
    1.0.0 Lazik Tiger BP
    1.0.0 Normal Paradox BP
    1.0.0 Cuban Tree Frog
    2.3.0 America Toads
    1.0.0 Masked Ferret
    1.1.0 Children
    Rats & Roaches (Dubia)

RIP-
    0.0.1 RedxB/W Tegu (Stevie Wonder)
    1.0.0 Croc Gecko (Waylan Jones I)

& More to come

BWAHAHAH!!!!! That's HILARIOUS. My friends over here (some of which come from Irish heritage) call this holiday "Amateur Drinking Night". I can't say that I'm personally a fan of going out on the day, as I have a VERY low tolerance for drunken stupidity. I'm more of a fan of how it was in grade school, when I got to pinch the cute boys if they weren't wearing green.

I definitely sympathize with you Pikey. I can't say that I can claim any Irish heritage, but I CAN claim to a darn lot of Norwegian heritage, and although modern portrayals of Vikings are amusing, there's unfortunately very few people who are aware of how well-read, poetic, and cultural the Vikings were. A true Viking aspired to be rather well-rounded, in terms of poetry, dancing, craftsmanship... you know, they didn't JUST rape and pillage.
    "Why do blessings always come in disguises? If I were a blessing, I'd run around naked."

0.1.0 Bearded Dragon; Spaz (aka "Monkey")
    1.0.0 Bearded Dragon; Leonidas (aka "Jaba" aka "Fatty)
    0.0.1 Ball Pythons; Lil' Bit

0.1.0 Argentine B/W Tegu; Bozski - *rehome*
    1.0.0 Argentine A/A Tegu; Oscar - *rehome*
    1.0.0 Ball Python; Moose - *rehome*

0.1.0 Bearded Dragon; Knuckles (aka "Kitteh"), RIP
    0.0.1 Baby B/W Tegu; unnamed, RIP

lol yeah i got to wear orange on the day (royalty didn't wear green)

lol vikings waged war with us Northern Irish.
    yeah my clan's past is crazy we are "The Red Hand of Ulster" O'neill Clan.
    1.2.0 Argen Black & White
    1.1.0 Red Tegu
    0.0.1 Blue Tegu
    1.0.0 All American Tegu
    0.1.0 Hypo Red Tail Boa
    1.0.0 Lazik Tiger BP
    1.0.0 Normal Paradox BP
    1.0.0 Cuban Tree Frog
    2.3.0 America Toads
    1.0.0 Masked Ferret
    1.1.0 Children
    Rats & Roaches (Dubia)

RIP-
    0.0.1 RedxB/W Tegu (Stevie Wonder)
    1.0.0 Croc Gecko (Waylan Jones I)

& More to come

I've been under the assumption (and I could quite possibly be wrong) that the whole "green vs. orange" thing had to do with religious leanings (was is Catholic vs. Protestant?)...? I was unaware that class division had anything to do with it.

I've actually heard of The Red Hand of Ulster... somewhere. I just can't remember where, but the term very sounds familiar. *facepalm*

And us Vikings waged war on just about everyone. It's funny, I didn't get the height from my Viking heritage, but I definitely got the build; the joke between my friends and I is that I'm built for raping, pillaging, and general a**-kickery. And The Boyfriend teases me that I should get a giant Viking ship tattooed on my back.
    "Why do blessings always come in disguises? If I were a blessing, I'd run around naked."

0.1.0 Bearded Dragon; Spaz (aka "Monkey")
    1.0.0 Bearded Dragon; Leonidas (aka "Jaba" aka "Fatty)
    0.0.1 Ball Pythons; Lil' Bit

0.1.0 Argentine B/W Tegu; Bozski - *rehome*
    1.0.0 Argentine A/A Tegu; Oscar - *rehome*
    1.0.0 Ball Python; Moose - *rehome*

0.1.0 Bearded Dragon; Knuckles (aka "Kitteh"), RIP
    0.0.1 Baby B/W Tegu; unnamed, RIP