Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Pics of Baby Savannah Monitor and Tegu

Quote Originally Posted by LDarden View Post
    It always amazes me that people will buy an animal without reserching it. Yeah, a dog, a cat...whatever, they are pretty easy....but a Tegu or a Monitor? It makes me sad to think of all the lizards out there that don't get the proper attention and taming they need to be good "peoples"...
    I agree. Every time I read a post from a new member (on any forum) that reads something along the lines of, "Hey everyone! I just got a new _______!! Now who can tell me how to take care of it?".... gah, I just have to grit my teeth. Research should be done BEFORE the actual acquisition of an animal, not after.

*steps down off of soapbox*
    "Why do blessings always come in disguises? If I were a blessing, I'd run around naked."

0.1.0 Bearded Dragon; Spaz (aka "Monkey")
    1.0.0 Bearded Dragon; Leonidas (aka "Jaba" aka "Fatty)
    0.0.1 Ball Pythons; Lil' Bit

0.1.0 Argentine B/W Tegu; Bozski - *rehome*
    1.0.0 Argentine A/A Tegu; Oscar - *rehome*
    1.0.0 Ball Python; Moose - *rehome*

0.1.0 Bearded Dragon; Knuckles (aka "Kitteh"), RIP
    0.0.1 Baby B/W Tegu; unnamed, RIP

Quote Originally Posted by nordica View Post
    I agree. Every time I read a post from a new member (on any forum) that reads something along the lines of, "Hey everyone! I just got a new _______!! Now who can tell me how to take care of it?".... gah, I just have to grit my teeth. Research should be done BEFORE the actual acquisition of an animal, not after.

*steps down off of soapbox*
    Its ok, get on your soapbox...lol
    I know I always ask questions to see if anyone has a different veiw on things or maybe they figured out something neat that might work for me, but I did as much reading as I could and even made an appointment with the Herp Director of the Zoo here to find out exactly what I was getting myself into...I didn't walk into this blind and I wouldn't advise anyone to buy first, ask later...lol I had the tank for my Tegu set up before I even bought him and had the lumber bought to build his adult enclosure before we brought him home...

The Savannah was an impulse buy...I know, I know...lol But I had planned on getting one anyway, just hadn't planned on getting one quite so soon...Off to Home Depot I go!

Tek (pronounced as Tech)....... good name for the Colom.... (my wife came up with it)
    1.2.0 Argen Black & White
    1.1.0 Red Tegu
    0.0.1 Blue Tegu
    1.0.0 All American Tegu
    0.1.0 Hypo Red Tail Boa
    1.0.0 Lazik Tiger BP
    1.0.0 Normal Paradox BP
    1.0.0 Cuban Tree Frog
    2.3.0 America Toads
    1.0.0 Masked Ferret
    1.1.0 Children
    Rats & Roaches (Dubia)