Thread: RE: the passing of Bruce Stephenson and shooting of Tom Crutchfield

Default RE: the passing of Bruce Stephenson and shooting of Tom Crutchfield

When I first saw this news of FB this morning, I thought it was an April Fool's joke. Sadly, it is very real. However, there is a lot of speculation and rumor surrounding the events, and people posting their negative feelings toward Tom and/or Bruce. I thought I would go ahead and post the info shared by legitimate resources. I've always thought this was an awesome forum and I'm glad to see that it is as classy as always...no trash talkin' is showing up here!

The original news story
    http://miami.cbslocal.com/2011/03/31...-srt-standoff/

On KS, a statement from the Crutchfield family:
    "We want to thank everyone for their concern and kind words during this hard time for our family. What we ask now is that everyone takes a step back and allows our family the time to grieve and heal. No matter what occurred yesterday at the farm, Bruce Stephenson was a wonderful family friend and we need time to ourselves to handle this tragedy. We ask that our reptile community gives our family the chance to heal without additional stress. Within a few days we will have more, but right now, please respect our privacy."

From Patty's FB page:
    "I am on here to thank all of our friends for their kind words and please pray for us! we are greiving the death of a VERY BELOVED FRIEND AND BUSINESS PARTNER. Bruce was mentally ill and has finally found his peace, now we need to find ours so I am BEGGING anybody who doesnt have anything nice to say please DO NOT say anything at all. You are all on here as FRIENDS and if I see one negative anything you will not be. Bruce took his life and has rendered us pretty much homeless due to the SWAT TEAM and we have to rebuild our home, our hearts, and our lives from the ground up. I appreciate all the love from our true FRIENDS and family. Thank you we need more time before we can go more public. Sorry, but we need time. Patty"

From Tom C to Shawn Heflick:
    "We want to thank everyone for their concern and kind words during this hard time for our family. What we ask now is that everyone takes a step back and allows our family the time to grieve and heal. No matter what occurred yesterday at the farm, Bruce Stephenson was a wonderful family friend and we need time to ourselves to handle this tragedy. We ask that our reptile community gives our family the chance to heal without additional stress. Within a few days we will have more, but right now, please respect our privacy."
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

This was a terrible tragedy and my heart goes out to tom and patty and to bruces family....i dont how anyone could possibly want to speak ill of them, they are great people whom i have had the pleasure of doing business with. I will remember them in my prayers, thank you laura.
    0.1 Black and white ~ Rayne
    1.0 Exterme giant ~ Storm

Thanks Laura for posting this. I had heard bits and pieces, gossip, and rumour. Some nice things and some not so nice things. Who are we to judge as this is not our business. All we can do is send love and prayer to a family in need and let them be in a time like this.
    And you are right Laura, we are a very classy forum that shows alot of respect to our own and others alike, I am glad to be apart of it.
    Vanessa
    Ontario, Canada
    1.0.0 Argentine Black and White Tegu (Dezie)
    0.1.0 Argenitne Red Tegu (rehome)
    1.0.1 Fat-Tailed Gecko (Holly and Chugington)
    1.0.0 Brittish Bulldog (Bently)
    1.0.0 Cockerpug (Ryder) Perfect name as he "rides" everything!
    0.2.0 Children (Cadence 5, Jordan 2)
    Large Saltwater tank that contains Dory, Nemo, Marlin, Foxface, 4 Gobeys, firefish, a couple shrimps, and a grumpy Brittle Star that eats fish while they sleep!