Thread: how much should my baby tegu be eating?

Default how much should my baby tegu be eating?

i bought a baby b&w arg. from a reptile expo near me last sunday. the first dat i brought him home he ate a fex crix. the next day he only ate a few bites of scrambled eggs.next day he didnt eat at all. then the day after he ate one dubia roach. and today he ate nothing. im really worried about this little guy because i dont no much about them ive always had beardies. someone please help me if you can...... all his food w/o bones gets calcium powder. i offer him HB eggs ,scrambled eggs, crix, dubias, and hornworms.
    :sad: i hope hes ok. ive only seen one poop in his cage also

See my reply on your other post.
    "Why do blessings always come in disguises? If I were a blessing, I'd run around naked."

0.1.0 Bearded Dragon; Spaz (aka "Monkey")
    1.0.0 Bearded Dragon; Leonidas (aka "Jaba" aka "Fatty)
    0.0.1 Ball Pythons; Lil' Bit

0.1.0 Argentine B/W Tegu; Bozski - *rehome*
    1.0.0 Argentine A/A Tegu; Oscar - *rehome*
    1.0.0 Ball Python; Moose - *rehome*

0.1.0 Bearded Dragon; Knuckles (aka "Kitteh"), RIP
    0.0.1 Baby B/W Tegu; unnamed, RIP

Hi joelgriz8124. First I would like to welcome you to our Tegu forum family and congrats on your new Tegu. To me he sounds like he is eating well. It's normal for them to skip a day or two. Sometimes when they are starting to shed ( the colors or the scales look more dull ) they will not eat for a few days or hardly anything. They also can have a bit of a mood swing lol . It's good to hear that your Tegu is already eating so well. Some Tegus when they come into a new home they will not eat up to a week. Don't worry yours is fine. Please feel free to ask us any questions you may have. Everyone on this forum is very helpful and friendly. Oh, one more thing I forgot to mention. Don't worry if you don't see allot of poop sometimes. When they are very young and eat allot but don't poop much it's because they put all that food into body mass. Now if he doesn't eat for a while and doesn't poop and he looks bloated he could either be impacted or has a parasite problems. But in your case I believe he just puts it into body mass ( he is growing ) .
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl