Thread: Another Enclosure Question

Default Another Enclosure Question

Hello again everyone. It turns out I am getting an Argentine Black and White Tegu for my birthday. Will a 6x3x2 enclosure be ok for it as long as it gets plenty of free roam time? Also, is height important for Tegus? Is the 2ft height not good?

Some will argue about the tank size since a 6x3x3 is claimed to be a minimum. Most recommend 8x4 and others 10x4. My guy is in an 8x4 and I feel I could easily add another in there with him and still have plenty of room. I know someone that houses three in a 6x3x3 and claims that's is sufficient (I feel that is pushing it). Roam time is good for exercise and stimulation but it is really importants that they are in a controlled environment for the bulk of the day to promote good health. I think the 2ft height is fine but you will have to mount the lights on the outside of the enclosure with exception to the uv tube if that is what u decide to use. For one tegu I think that size is fine.
    Vanessa
    Ontario, Canada
    1.0.0 Argentine Black and White Tegu (Dezie)
    0.1.0 Argenitne Red Tegu (rehome)
    1.0.1 Fat-Tailed Gecko (Holly and Chugington)
    1.0.0 Brittish Bulldog (Bently)
    1.0.0 Cockerpug (Ryder) Perfect name as he "rides" everything!
    0.2.0 Children (Cadence 5, Jordan 2)
    Large Saltwater tank that contains Dory, Nemo, Marlin, Foxface, 4 Gobeys, firefish, a couple shrimps, and a grumpy Brittle Star that eats fish while they sleep!