Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: skin problem

Default skin problem

can anybody help me with this? its not a burn, it just seems to be skin that has not shed but it wont go away. any ideas,suggestions?
    thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    You can contact me at

myspace.com/only1boozer

Well, to me, it looks like the opaque areas are on the old skin that he's currently trying to shed... is this the case?
    "Why do blessings always come in disguises? If I were a blessing, I'd run around naked."

0.1.0 Bearded Dragon; Spaz (aka "Monkey")
    1.0.0 Bearded Dragon; Leonidas (aka "Jaba" aka "Fatty)
    0.0.1 Ball Pythons; Lil' Bit

0.1.0 Argentine B/W Tegu; Bozski - *rehome*
    1.0.0 Argentine A/A Tegu; Oscar - *rehome*
    1.0.0 Ball Python; Moose - *rehome*

0.1.0 Bearded Dragon; Knuckles (aka "Kitteh"), RIP
    0.0.1 Baby B/W Tegu; unnamed, RIP

Our boy has a patch like that on his side. Whenever he sheds, the skin tends to hang on to that spot until he really tugs it off.

I had two ideas about it. I think when he tugs off the skin it isn't quite ready to shed, so the whitish scales left behind are a little "underdone." But I also think, from the first time I noticed it, that it is an old injury or burn that he acquired when escaping from his old, screen top terrarium. There were a few times when we came home and found he had squeezed out, and it seemed like he could have easily rubbed right up against the lamps on his way out.

Are you certain they can't be burns or healed up burns?

Quote Originally Posted by nordica View Post
    Well, to me, it looks like the opaque areas are on the old skin that he's currently trying to shed... is this the case?
    its possible. he's always been a pretty good shedder. but he has recently been put into a bigger enclosure.8 by 3 ft
    You can contact me at

myspace.com/only1boozer

Quote Originally Posted by HernandosMom View Post
    Our boy has a patch like that on his side. Whenever he sheds, the skin tends to hang on to that spot until he really tugs it off.

I had two ideas about it. I think when he tugs off the skin it isn't quite ready to shed, so the whitish scales left behind are a little "underdone." But I also think, from the first time I noticed it, that it is an old injury or burn that he acquired when escaping from his old, screen top terrarium. There were a few times when we came home and found he had squeezed out, and it seemed like he could have easily rubbed right up against the lamps on his way out.

Are you certain they can't be burns or healed up burns?
    yes positive its not burns. when i lift up the parts that are white it seems that it has almost penetrated thru to the new skin.????? odd
    You can contact me at

myspace.com/only1boozer

Perhaps he has the skin condition that Michael Jackson had.
    Last edited by nordica; 05-01-2011 at 07:33 PM. Reason: spelling
    "Why do blessings always come in disguises? If I were a blessing, I'd run around naked."

Quote Originally Posted by nordica View Post
    Perhaps he has the skin condition that Michael Jackson had.
    funny yes..... he is black AND white, buuut he doesn't like kids! hmmmm? but no, perhaps its something else.(smart a$$) haha.
    You can contact me at

myspace.com/only1boozer

today i turned my p/k's into post mortem hype's. with the leftover syringes and needles from me and my wife's multiple invitro procedure's.($$$) i injected the now lifeless rat bodies with a dose of cod liver oil!! and fed to COMA. lets see what happens.
    You can contact me at

myspace.com/only1boozer

The only way I could get ours (when we still had them) to take cod liver oil was to scramble up a few drops with eggs. I gave it to them about once a week. I just used the capsules. I've been told though that when you DO feed cod liver oil, to be careful about how much you give... like ONLY a drop or a couple. Makes sense; one or two of the capsules are enough for a full-grown human.

Our Leonidas has a spot on his back like this since he was a baby. When he got impacted the vet gave him a shot ( on that spot ). Since then he has that white patch and a shedding problem there. I think the needel damaged the skin and maybe got infected and didn't heal right. Did you by any chance pull on his skin one time when he was shedding to help it come off. It could of been that it wasn't ready to come off and it pulled some off the new skin off with it and it didn't heal right.
    I know it sounds strange but my female All American Tegu ( Venus ) had a very bad shedding problem when she came out of hibernation. It was so bad that the skin cut into her flesh on her tail. I took her out of the mulch and put her into a bin with some old clean moist sheets and a human heat pat ( on low ). Here comes the strange part lol. Don't worry I called the vet first to make sure it's OK to do this . I put some of the red chap stick on her tail. It heald up SOOOOO nice . I can't even see any scars. I came up with the chap stick part because I wash my hands allot and most lotions burn my hands. So I use the chap stick lol. I thought well if it works on me it might work on her. Shure enough it did. I'm going to try this on Leonidas patch next and see what will happen. Sorry for making this so long.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl