Thread: tank

Default tank

i need some help
    my house is not giant so i have to make the tank in my room because i cant fit it throught the hallway
    so i have some questions
    what is better? sliding glass door or a lid?
    should the bottom be wood or glass (for heating purposes)
    and any other sugestions would help alot
    leopard gecko. Lizzie RIP

I didnt build either of my enclosures but if you want any of my opinions here they are! :p

Wood bottom works best, once you pile in the substrate and other various decorations you won't be able to notice a difference anyway.
    One of my enclosures has heavy sliding glass doors, its real glass not plexiglass. I would think that they were expensive. I've got a glass lock on it but even without one I doubt my tegu could open it. This enclosure was used to house a couple retic's and a savy. The same guy who built it had also used the same kind to house a cobra.
    The other enclosure I have is an underbed enclosure (if you search google it its the first link), I got it and the girl tegus a few weeks ago. It's got plexiglass doors that lift upwards.

Between the two I like the plexiglass doors better, they're not heavy and they're a lot easier to open than the sliding doors I have. Usually people have some kind of track to help slide the doors open, the enclosure I have the sliding doors on doesn't really have a track, its just got parts of the wood cut out to let the doors slide. Sometimes the substrate gets stuck in the tracks and it can be hard to open.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WAgj...el_video_title
    this is a link for my tegu enclosures, I still have some changes and work to do but hopefully it can help you get an overall idea.

heres the link to the underbed enclosure another member on here built
    http://www.thetegu.com/showthread.ph...ure-By-James-B!
    2.0.0 Argentine Black and White Tegus (Rango & Guru)
    1.0.0 Red/Blue Tegu (No Name)
    1.1.0 APBT (Conan & Riley)

thanks for the help and links
    leopard gecko. Lizzie RIP

Anyway my house is not a big house like a Princess,the glass of my house is not sliding glass but its lid.
    But many people using a lid glass because its very simple.
    Use of this source code is governed by a BSD-style license that can be
    found in the LICENSE file.

Jupiter Web Design