Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello all from Normal IL

Thanx txrepgirl I figured it out. By the way HernandosMom I was mistaken my tarantula Is actually some kind of striped or zebra I was just given it by my brother and didn't look.

Cool White throat

I did not think that it was hard taming my white throat mongo, I have always heard that the black throats were a bit more aggressive. While my white throat Mongo was a hatchling he was a little of a hand full just cause he liked to hiss and whip his tale and was a little bit of a shy feeder so at first I would just make a fist and leave it in the cage for about 15 minutes a day and I would take my T shirt for the day and leave it in the cage over night so he could like learn how I smelled. After about 3 weeks of that I started taking him out of the cage and would sit in the bath tube with him. Then it was just a case of handling him every day. Now he is like over 3 feet and is very docile, when I take him out he prefers to just lay on me and get a little scratch than go explore he's like a cat. Like all monitors I have had the pleasure of working with I feel like he can throw little tantrums he doesn't whip his tail but he might hiss a little. I just feel like when he does that he is just being a baby, but I still keep a more watchful I while interacting with him.
    1.0.0 B&W Tegu Fry
    1.0.0 White Throat Monitor
    0.1.0 Tarantula Striped
    1.0.0 Ball Python

0.0.1 Blue Tailed Monitor *REHOME*
    0.1.0 Peacock Monitor *REHOME*

"Buy the ticket, take the ride."

Your welcome. Thank you for the info. Allot of people tame down their Tegus the same way.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Welcome !!!
    1.0.0 Argentine Tegu
    0.1. Colombian Tegus
    1.0.0 Genetic Stripe Reticulated Python
    1.0.0 Albino/Lav Reticulated Python
    1.0.0 Normal Dwarf Reticulated Python
    0.1.0 Dwarf Platinum Reticulated Python
    0.1.0 Dwarf Tiger Reticulated Python
    0.1.0 Normal Burmese Python