Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stubborn Lucy

I generally leave the bathroom. I know there's no where she can go even if she could find her way out of the tub.

She's eeeating!

I had to make a sneaky concoction of two egg yolks, ground turkey, calcium powder and a tiny, tiny sprinkle of a reptile multivitamin. I mixed it all together to make a turkey and egg yolk soup.

That's great news!

If you now mix in a couple of blueberries, a couple grapes (slit open), a strawberry cut in half, bite-size pieces of mango, melon, papaya or kiwi you will trick that lizard into tasting something she really likes. I try to introduce new items in twosies (at least), so if the second one is eaten, I know it's a hit.

Glad she finally came around. Like HernandosMom said,.. now that she's eating I would be introducing her to all kinds of foods.
    0.1.0 BP (Spiral) aka Rita Wayward
    2.1. Dogs (White Boys "Powder", Paw Paws "Achilles" & Panini)

" 14 July 2010,..Always Remembered"

I don't t think her eating will be a regular thing. I just know she's a sucker for raw egg yolk... I'll keep trying though.

Yeah I would continue to feed her what you know she will eat until you see a real food response kick in and then I would sneak some stuff in when she is at the point of eat first ask later! Believe it or not Dezie was like that in the start and then he found his feeding response and there was no going back...Lucy will find it too. She is a funny girl, if she feels you are "tricking" her into anything I believe she will go off food in a heart beat! Have you tried tong feeding her pinkies dipped in egg yolk yet?
    Vanessa
    Ontario, Canada
    1.0.0 Argentine Black and White Tegu (Dezie)
    0.1.0 Argenitne Red Tegu (rehome)
    1.0.1 Fat-Tailed Gecko (Holly and Chugington)
    1.0.0 Brittish Bulldog (Bently)
    1.0.0 Cockerpug (Ryder) Perfect name as he "rides" everything!
    0.2.0 Children (Cadence 5, Jordan 2)
    Large Saltwater tank that contains Dory, Nemo, Marlin, Foxface, 4 Gobeys, firefish, a couple shrimps, and a grumpy Brittle Star that eats fish while they sleep!

Yeah, I tried that and she would just hiss loudly and turn her head away. I stopped after awhile because she started to get stressed.

Congrats . I'm happy to hear that she finally ate something.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

I tried the soup again but with liver and she said no. lol

I then tried to tong-feed her some pinkies and she said "NO" with a bunch of hissing. This tegu is going to make my hair turn grey.

Lol. I know allot of people are going to disagree with me about what I did to some of my Tegus. There were some times that I just opend their mouth and gently put the food in their mouth. Most of the time they ate the food and took the next few bites on their own. But sometimes they did spit it back out and I left them alone.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl