Thread: Hello from Seattle.

Default Hello from Seattle.

Howdy. This looks like a good place to ask my question. I have a new baby tegu (in addition to my 6 beardies) and he's a colombian. Is a colombian tegu going to be a well mannered pet if socialized? I thought he was an argy, but noooope. There's no longer any doubt that he's a Colombian B/W. He seems well tamed so far...

Also do the tegu's go through a relocation stress period like other lizards? He's eaten some of his food so far but I feel like he's undereating so far.

Hi mewtwo70182. Welcome to our Tegu forum family and congrats on your new Tegu . Yes, they do/can get stressed out when they are in a new home. Some Tegus hide for a while and don't want to eat at all for a few days or a week. It's good to hear that he at least eats something. Tegus also don't want to eat at all or not as much when they are shedding. They are some Columbians that are very tame if you tame him allot ( maybe not so much in the first few days ). I know some Argentine Tegus that are not tame. Hope to see you around. If you have don't mind we would love to see some photos of your Tegu . Thank you.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Welcome to the tegu forum! I'm from just north of Seattle and own an Argentine B&W. I have heard good and bad stories about Colombians, but I'm sure you can tame him really well with a little perseverance. And yes, pictures are always good!

p.s. you didn't happen to get him off craigslist did you? I saw someone recently selling a Colombian as an Argentine in Skagit Valley. But he called it both so I didn't flag him, I hope nobody got scammed by him!
    1.0.0 B&W Argentine Tegu (Dio)
    1.1.0 Crested geckos (re homed)
    0.1.0 Tartar Sand Boa(re homed)
    0.1.0 Axolotl (Smaug)
    1.0.0 Tabby Cat (Dippy)
    Madagascar Hissing roaches

Nah, not the one from CL. I saw that one, too. My lil guy is just a juvie. Got him from Nate at Seattle Reptiles in Everett. Love that shop. I'll put a few pics up later this afternoon after I get home from work. He's eating great now and very explorative. He actually escaped for a few days and gave us a good scare but I had confidence that he'd show up again. I've been through snakes that like to take vacations before. My wife wasn't so optimistic, lol.

I got mine from Nate too Dio escaped the first week I had him also, I found him fat and happy in my shoe closet eating wolf spiders. Looking forward to the pictures, enclosure pics are always wecome too.
    1.0.0 B&W Argentine Tegu (Dio)
    1.1.0 Crested geckos (re homed)
    0.1.0 Tartar Sand Boa(re homed)
    0.1.0 Axolotl (Smaug)
    1.0.0 Tabby Cat (Dippy)
    Madagascar Hissing roaches

I have a columbian b/w that is so tame he has gone to schools and the kids love to touch his tail!

Hey folks! I wanted to check back and let you know that all is going well with my tegu (Bowser). He's pretty easy to handle but not fully tame yet. He arches his back and hisses when you try to remove him from his enclosure but once he's out he's fine. He hates having his tail touched. But he's getting better. I handle him daily. Anyway, as requested, some pictures for you guys.