Thread: How the heck....

Default How the heck....

Maybe I'm going about this wrong, but how the heck do you order a replacement bulb from ReptileUV?!? Sorry if this is a stupid question, I just didn't know where else to ask and I know members on here have ordered from them before. I ordered a Mega-Ray SB 160 watt Self-Ballasted Flood UVB Lamp, and when it arrived it was broken. I called them immediately and left a message as well as emailed them with the transaction id... That was last week. Since then I have sent 2 more emails and called 3 more times, each time going to voicemail. 60$ for a bulb is pretty pricey for me and my tegu's light is not emitting UV currently and I'm really worried.. I really can't afford a new bulb right now but if I don't get a replacement soon im going to have to throw down another 50 at least for a crappier bulb :( Any help is appreciated!

My understanding is that they will reply, but are inundated with calls and emails about another issue. Give them a week to respond. They have a great product, but it is a one or two man operation.
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

Ohh I see... ok I'll wait longer, thanks! My fear was just having them think I bought the bulb then broke it myself if I didn't contact them right away..

Don't hold your breath. MegaRay has owed me money for TWO bulbs for a year now. A YEAR. They've ignored all of my calls and emails. Honestly, the days when they were top-dog in the MVB game are over. Their company has gone to crap.

If you need to order bulbs (ReptiSun or otherwise), www.petmountain.com is a great, inexpensive place to get them. I love them.
    "Why do blessings always come in disguises? If I were a blessing, I'd run around naked."

0.1.0 Bearded Dragon; Spaz (aka "Monkey")
    1.0.0 Bearded Dragon; Leonidas (aka "Jaba" aka "Fatty)
    0.0.1 Ball Pythons; Lil' Bit

0.1.0 Argentine B/W Tegu; Bozski - *rehome*
    1.0.0 Argentine A/A Tegu; Oscar - *rehome*
    1.0.0 Ball Python; Moose - *rehome*

0.1.0 Bearded Dragon; Knuckles (aka "Kitteh"), RIP
    0.0.1 Baby B/W Tegu; unnamed, RIP

Wow thanks for that info, how disapointing!! Can anyone recommend the next best bulb?

Well, it seems that most people use the ZooMed PowerSun MVB, or their tube-type ReptiSun bulb. Though I think there are people who use the T-Rex MVB model.
    "Why do blessings always come in disguises? If I were a blessing, I'd run around naked."

0.1.0 Bearded Dragon; Spaz (aka "Monkey")
    1.0.0 Bearded Dragon; Leonidas (aka "Jaba" aka "Fatty)
    0.0.1 Ball Pythons; Lil' Bit

0.1.0 Argentine B/W Tegu; Bozski - *rehome*
    1.0.0 Argentine A/A Tegu; Oscar - *rehome*
    1.0.0 Ball Python; Moose - *rehome*

0.1.0 Bearded Dragon; Knuckles (aka "Kitteh"), RIP
    0.0.1 Baby B/W Tegu; unnamed, RIP

I hear PowerSun is the best from some very trusted reptile people but I haven't bought any. I use the ReptiSun tube lights. They come in lots of sizes and strengths, and I personally like the long ones because they span the entire cage rather than worrying about the little round ones reaching all the way.I do use the regular bulb ones on my smaller tanks, but I prefer the long ones on bigger tanks. I don't know what part of town you live in, but sixty bucks is pricey and I don't blame you for not wanting to go through that again. I feel for you, I had a $30 bulb in a box, took it out to use it and dropped and broke it. I almost cried. It was nearly brand new and I really didn't want to replace even that.

But if you do a little shopping, you might be able to find a place that sells them dirt cheap. Here in southern Cali, there are a few stores called LLL Reptile where I can get a bulb that usually would cost me like 30 bucks for about 10.

I hope you find something that works!
    Our family...
    0.1.0 Beardie, Athena
    0.1.0 Argentine B/W Tegu, Rorschach
    0.0.1 Eastern Collared Lizard, "Youngster"
    1.1.0 Ball Pythons, Fantine and D'Artagnon
    1.1.0 Hogg Island Boas, Finnley and Shazira
    1.0.0 Nicaraguan Boa, Gio
    1.2.0 Rosy Boas, Lucy, Estelle, Evander
    0.1.0 RTB, Ninja
    0.0.1 Red Eyed Green Tree Frog
    0.2.0 Doggies Belatrix and Saedi
    + a bunch of day care kids
    + one boyfriend
    And 0.1.0 baby on the way

Rest In Peace Helix

Keep bothering mega-ray until they send your replacement. I waited about a year to get a replacement as well but I finally got ahold of them on the phone and they sent me 3 replacement bulbs to make up for how long it took. Getting ahold of them by phone is the only way to get what they owe you. These are still the best bulbs out there although their customer relations seem have taken a down turn. Good luck.
    All American Tegu- Annabelle
    South African leopard tortoise- Lucy
    Gopher Snake- ochoco
    Corn Snake- rio
    Mali Uromastyx- apollo and Darwin
    Beautiful Wife- Sarah
    Lots of tropical fish
    Black standard schnauzer- Zeus
    Red wigglers