Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who here agrees Swamp Wars on Animal Planet gives Tegus a bad name?

Not necessarily. Some run, some hiss and puff, some charge. I wouldn't say chargers are a majority, in fact a minority but some do indeed attack. This much I can say: I've NEVER been attacked by a bear and I grew up in grizzly country so I've encountered lots, but I have been attacked by tegus. That being said, intelligence and simple footwear will save you from a tegu, you're going to need a lot more if a bear wants a piece of you.

I think if a bear wants a piece of you, you're just gonna have to hand it over.
    "Why do blessings always come in disguises? If I were a blessing, I'd run around naked."

0.1.0 Bearded Dragon; Spaz (aka "Monkey")
    1.0.0 Bearded Dragon; Leonidas (aka "Jaba" aka "Fatty)
    0.0.1 Ball Pythons; Lil' Bit

0.1.0 Argentine B/W Tegu; Bozski - *rehome*
    1.0.0 Argentine A/A Tegu; Oscar - *rehome*
    1.0.0 Ball Python; Moose - *rehome*

0.1.0 Bearded Dragon; Knuckles (aka "Kitteh"), RIP
    0.0.1 Baby B/W Tegu; unnamed, RIP

Wow!!! Purple Monster!!!!!!!! I agree 1000000% My fight about this is, they use scare tactics to rip an industry apart. The pet industry is the last industry that is not fully controlled by "Uncle Same." They need to make it look bad before they can destroy it. The problem with this is there are to many reptile fans and hobbyists out there! Everyone needs to go to a reptile expo to really see how much love go toward reptiles in general. People do keep there reptiles until they are old and grey, just like I do and have. So why is it ok to keep a Dog, Cat, Horse, Goat, etc... And not a Tegu. I agree not everyone should own a Tegu, especially the ones that buy it just because it looks cool. My Tegus had personality. I have kept and raised them all the same. each one of them were different in their own way. That shows you how smart they are! I am just pissed the way people did Florida and now it may effect all of us across the board. I do blame impulse sellers!
    Please treat reptiles as if they were your favorite dog or cat; do not give up on them!

I remember one show called ''Invasive Aliens'' or something like that, can't remember exactly. But it was about Bill Nelson and his trying to ban different reptiles. I agree with everyone that Animal Planet really sucks now.

It's perfectly fine to keep horses that can buck, kick, and kill you instantly, but it's such a problem to keep reptiles?
    1.0.0. English Budgie (Peanut)
    1.0.0. Red-Eared Slider (Rocky)
    1.0.0. Bearded Dragon (Gomek)
    www.youtube.com/SnakeEyes223

Next show. "Killer corn snakes" this aggressive corn snake crept up in my backyard and ate my little kitten. Corn snakes are the most aggressive snakes known to man.

Did anyone else notice that a majority of the terrible burmese python footage was ball pythons.
    My reptile buddies,
    0.0.1 B&W Argentine Tegu (Renji)
    0.0.1 Savannah Monitor (Gaara)
    0.1.2 Bearded dragon (Itachi,Hige and Tsume)
    0.0.2 Leopard Gecko (Pein & Sesshomaru )
    1.1.2 Curly tailed lizards
    0.0.1 Calotes lizard (Lefty)
    0.1.0 Burmese python (Rukia)
    0.1.0 Colombian red tail boa
    1.1.0 Het clown BP (Beauty and Sage)
    0.1.0 Coastal x Jungle Carpet python

I saw that as well, ball pythons not even close to Burmese! You would think an Animal planet producer would know the deference "Animal Planet." Even when Ball pythons are a little testy they are not that bad!
    P.S. watch out for the killer leopard geckos, also they bite toes at night when no one is looking!
    Please treat reptiles as if they were your favorite dog or cat; do not give up on them!

I am disappointed in Animal Planet, and have an issue with sevral of their shows. What ever happened to the truth? I guess they are trying to make a show people will watch..

Now I love all animals, but Dogs can do alot of damage too..but no one is trying to ban them.
    1.0.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    0.0.2 African Pyxie Frog
    1.0.0 Blood Python
    1.0.0 Albino Burmese Python
    1.0.0 Blue Tongue Skink
    1.0.0 Basilisk
    0.0.1 Cane Toad
    1.0.0 Albino Western Hognose

Roaches (Dubia & Lateralis)

It seems like it's gone downhill fast since Steve passed. :(
    The channel was starting to slip already, his passing just seemed to push it over the edge.
    I used to watch animal planet ALL the time, but now it's all just garbage.

Here you go for tegus that attack! lol! Lets get it strait tegus know when they are cared for or treated bad! :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz5mvOpCnvI

@Tora, I agree ever since Steve Irwin Passed Animal Plenet did go down hill.