Thread: Licking

Default Licking

anybodies 'gu's lick them like a dog?
    Dio the other day decided the top of my foot (which was clean) was lickable, I have never seen him lick like that for anything other than egg yolk. It was pretty cute, and was definitely not him trying to eat me.
    Man, I love this lizard
    1.0.0 B&W Argentine Tegu (Dio)
    1.1.0 Crested geckos (re homed)
    0.1.0 Tartar Sand Boa(re homed)
    0.1.0 Axolotl (Smaug)
    1.0.0 Tabby Cat (Dippy)
    Madagascar Hissing roaches

Maybe it was the salt on your skin, kinda like when dogs lick you for no reason?
    "Why do blessings always come in disguises? If I were a blessing, I'd run around naked."

0.1.0 Bearded Dragon; Spaz (aka "Monkey")
    1.0.0 Bearded Dragon; Leonidas (aka "Jaba" aka "Fatty)
    0.0.1 Ball Pythons; Lil' Bit

0.1.0 Argentine B/W Tegu; Bozski - *rehome*
    1.0.0 Argentine A/A Tegu; Oscar - *rehome*
    1.0.0 Ball Python; Moose - *rehome*

0.1.0 Bearded Dragon; Knuckles (aka "Kitteh"), RIP
    0.0.1 Baby B/W Tegu; unnamed, RIP

Aw so cute. My little guy will just hold his tongue over my arm for about 10 seconds lol

Hernando does this occasionally. I always assumed he was after salt or whatever I made for lunch. Interestingly, he doesn't look hungry when he does it. He looks like he's drinking water. I get the sense he knows its my hand and not an inanimate object because he looks kind of shy and tentative while he does it. He also sometimes looks me in the eye while licking my hand, which I think is a really advanced connection for a reptile to make.

haha yes my Zelda does, I love it. She seems to love licking my nose, it's adorable.

I get it on the feet from my big guy. The first day I got him he bit my foot, so about 2 days later when he started the lick-a-thon on my foot it scared the crap out of me... but apparently its not so tasty to him anymore

Zilla is always licking hands, sometimes if he smells someones hands before they pet him, he seems less concerned when they go to pet him, he pretty much ignores them. Sort of like a dog
    1.0.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    0.0.2 African Pyxie Frog
    1.0.0 Blood Python
    1.0.0 Albino Burmese Python
    1.0.0 Blue Tongue Skink
    1.0.0 Basilisk
    0.0.1 Cane Toad
    1.0.0 Albino Western Hognose

Roaches (Dubia & Lateralis)

Your are very lucky that you didn't get bit. Usually when our Tegus lick around allot or huff and puff they try to bite ( we learned our lesson long time ago lol ).
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

I picked up my Red this morning early from the post office and after a couple of hours of letting the little warm under a basking lamp, I reached in and stroked him a bit.
    When I picked him up, he licked my hand but didn't huff at all. I think, based upon the place I bought him from, he has had little or no handling. I snensed that the licks
    were all about identification, friend or foe, food? etc. After he did his licking thing he stayed in my hands for a few minutes and got squirmy which I suppose is to be expected
    on his first day.