Thread: Columbian RedTail Boas?

Default Columbian RedTail Boas?

I went to a reptile & alternative pet expo in West Palm Beach today, and fell deeeply in love with a columbian redtail boa...

I held him for an hour and he just rested his head on my chest the whole time. He was only $75 dollars, I was going to buy him on the spot... but my boyfriend and I still live with his parents, and that would have been a very ugly situation... (his dad doesn't care, but his mom can't stand snakes... petrified mixed with abhoration)

But for the future... anyone own any? is this type of tame, sweet behavior... normal? (lol)
    But i'm rather sad now. :-(

That's a beautiful snake, i own one. Mine's is still just a baby only about 3months old and 20" i had her for one of them months so far, she is a sweet heart, never once stroked at me. I only got hissed at once when i tried moving her when i first got her. They are generally really docile though, but behavior can change from snake to snake.

I also noticed mines likes to climb and crap in here water dish. So when you get one, a water dish big enough to soak in and some decor to climb on would be good.

My reptile buddies,
    0.0.1 B&W Argentine Tegu (Renji)
    0.0.1 Savannah Monitor (Gaara)
    0.1.2 Bearded dragon (Itachi,Hige and Tsume)
    0.0.2 Leopard Gecko (Pein & Sesshomaru )
    1.1.2 Curly tailed lizards
    0.0.1 Calotes lizard (Lefty)
    0.1.0 Burmese python (Rukia)
    0.1.0 Colombian red tail boa
    1.1.0 Het clown BP (Beauty and Sage)
    0.1.0 Coastal x Jungle Carpet python

I LOVE Colombians - they are so sweet. I think these snakes have such great personalities! My fiance Bill and I have 5 adult normal and two albino males. One of the normal females is my absolute favorite snake. She will sit with me for hours and she is just awesome. Here is a short video I made of her:

http://youtu.be/JOSRW13RwXE

You should also consider a Suriname boa. They are more expensive but they have the most striking colors on their tails. We picked up a trio at the NRBE 2 years ago and they are gorgeous! They also tend to get a little bigger than the Colombians...

Quote Originally Posted by cycomiss View Post
    I LOVE Colombians - they are so sweet. I think these snakes have such great personalities! My fiance Bill and I have 5 adult normal and two albino males. One of the normal females is my absolute favorite snake. She will sit with me for hours and she is just awesome. Here is a short video I made of her:

http://youtu.be/JOSRW13RwXE

You should also consider a Suriname boa. They are more expensive but they have the most striking colors on their tails. We picked up a trio at the NRBE 2 years ago and they are gorgeous! They also tend to get a little bigger than the Colombians...
    Ohhh my goodness... she is an absolute sweetheart! so adorable!
    If/when you do decide to breed, let me know... hopefully by that time my guy and I will have our own place, in which case we'll be more than willing to buy.