Thread: Moss

Default Moss

Hey guys,

I have been using Eco Earth (Hagen's) "forest floor bedding" Its basically just like all the other types of moss bedding out there. It holds humidity well, and I use it in all my humid hides. But recently its gotten more expensive, and i have also gotten more critters so I am looking for an alternative. I'd like to find a cheaper moss. any ideas?

Thanks
    1.0.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    0.0.2 African Pyxie Frog
    1.0.0 Blood Python
    1.0.0 Albino Burmese Python
    1.0.0 Blue Tongue Skink
    1.0.0 Basilisk
    0.0.1 Cane Toad
    1.0.0 Albino Western Hognose

Roaches (Dubia & Lateralis)

wish i could help but ive never used moss..or know of an alt.......i've seen it sold at expos in nyc, and always thought of getting some for the hide box.

anyone eve4r use grass clipping, im in my garage and use thinkin outside the box,lol.......for now im using a mix of cypress,aspen shavings, and compressed coco in my enclosure and i still leave a shirt in the hide box also....i spray the whole cage down with water,move the mulch all around...spray the inside of hide box and the shirt also. my gu seem to love the shirt and always wraps himself in it.....kinda off topic i guess. but maybe mixing a few things could help...just my 2cents

well i have straw bedding and most of the sources of coco and mulch around here have sky rocketed in the past months. No, I've never used grass clippings, and I wouldnt advise it...you dont know what nasty little bugs could be in there.
    1.0.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    0.0.2 African Pyxie Frog
    1.0.0 Blood Python
    1.0.0 Albino Burmese Python
    1.0.0 Blue Tongue Skink
    1.0.0 Basilisk
    0.0.1 Cane Toad
    1.0.0 Albino Western Hognose

Roaches (Dubia & Lateralis)