Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nor Cali Pix

Default Nor Cali Pix

here's some pics taken around the bay area of california

Where in the Bay Area do you live? I live in Belmont. All of those little creatures look really familiar.

I live in Richmond but those pix were taken all over the bay from Marin county to Contra Costa to the Pacifica/Half moon bay areas

Wow, you found those biggies in the bay area? I live in foster city and never see anything resembling a lizard apart from those that I own. Do either of you own any tegus?

yea, i recently got a colombian tegu maybe 2 months ago, i was just out herpin today in the pinole/el sobrante area, only found a Ca red sided garter and couple fence lizards

I have a B&W tegu that I got at the San Jose Rep show last year, he's getting big and fat. I also have a high yellow German Giant Beardie whose also a monster and I have a Red Foot Tortoise, she's about a year and a half old. I almost forgot about all the Hissing cockroaches that have been very busy breeding.

Speaking of Hissing cockroaches do either of you guy's want any? I had planned on feeding them to my guys but Lyle the beardie is much to lazy to hunt down his food so they ended up just cohabitating with him. I decided not to feed Rocket, my tegu, live food to try and take down his feeding response. That is working wonders and he is perfectly happy and fat eating frozen rats and ground turkey. So.......I have lots of Hissers!!!! All sizes!!!!!

I don't live far from you so you could pick them up instead of the whole shipping thing (hint, hint)

Monique

i only use hissers rarely as feeders they have to much shell for my taste (or my lizards) i'm actually about to get some lateralis roaches here within the next few weeks, lol if you're interested lemme know, are you going to the Sac show coming up in early sept?

here's "Grandpa" tearing up a hisser

what type of roaches are the most inexpensive/best to use as a feeder for reptiles?
    Visit www.reptileontario.com

- Scott

0.1.0 Argentine Black & White Tegu (Koopa)
    1.0.0 Bearded Dragon (Cowboy)
    1.0.0 Pixie Frog (Chubudha)
    0.1.0 Cuban Knight Anole
    0.1.0 Chilean Rose Tarantula (Szandora)
    1.1.0 Cats (Jimi & Rivers)
    And a

most people go with blaberus discoidales, aka discoids or false dead heads. they breed like mad, low chitin in shell but can climb glass so you have to screen them in or put vasoline on rim of bucket. personally, they disgust me...when you turn a light on, 1,000 of them start scurrying around in the enclosure and it freaks me out.

the type of roach really depends on what you plan on feeding them to as they come in climbers burrowers ones that fly ones that dont some are slow some are fast (others very very fast) just depends on what your needs are, i think lobster roaches are fairly cheap nowdays but i gotta i'm leaning towards some blatta lateralis right now for my next project, they are non climbing non flying and extremeley fast (faster than lobsters) which shall be fun to watch they ameivas chase after