Thread: Possibly re-homing my tegu, Desmond.

Default Possibly re-homing my tegu, Desmond.

I love my big boy, but I am finding that college life is taking up most of my time I used to spend with him. He spends hours, and sometimes days, cooped up in his tank.
    I know he is not getting his proper amount of exercise, and that is why I am looking to find him a better home.
    I emailed Varnyard first, asking if he might be able to help me out (I'd prefer Desmond to go to an experienced owner or breeder) either with finding me interested owners or if he might have room for him. Also, his food expenses and electricity has been killing my financials...
    Its very hard on me to do this, but I feel like I am failing him if I don't try to him a new home.
    I am asking for a re-homing fee, varies on the distance from Savannah, GA.

Some info about Desmond:
    I bought him from Bob Siegel Reptiles Inc back in 2009 at a ReptiCon in Tampa, FL. I heard rumors about Bob Siegel possibly inbreeding Tegus, but not until after I purchased Desmond. As far as his vets and I know, he is perfectly healthy and not inbred.
    He answers to his name and snapping your fingers.
    He eats small-medium rats, the turkey/liver mix that Varnyard has on his site, and squashes (but he is picky with veggies).
    He is very affectionate, loves to climb my leg in order to get into my lap. He is 4' long, but I haven't weighed him recently...
    His only "health" issue is that he has a few scars on his back from when he was in his older tank - he learned to break out of it from the metal mesh on top of it, which cut up his back. Other than that, he has been completely healthy with healthy stools and appetite.

If anyone is interested, PM me.
    I live in the Savannah, GA area, I would prefer him to remain in the South area (Anywhere from North Carolina down to Florida - Mostly because I would love a chance to visit him in the future).

Here's some photos of him.

As a baby (Day we bought him, 2009):
    upload092709 016.jpg
    upload092709 017.jpg
    upload092709 018.jpg

Him (Today):
    IMG_4754.jpg
    IMG_4755.jpg
    Last edited by melbel1023; 11-26-2011 at 08:16 PM.

If you can ship him to Idaho, I would really like to have him. I live in Buhl, Idaho 83316. I currently have a Varnyard All American baby and a young Red.
    Let me know asap.
    Thanks,
    Dana

I also want to give you my email address. PM me and I will send it along with my phone number.

He's been rehomed with Captive Bred Creatures, a breeding facility in SC.