Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: need some help on building a tegu cage

Feed troughs make excellent enclosure for a variety of reasons. A good deep substrate in a well sealed enclosure will keep humidity much better than a couple inches of wood mulch misted every day. I listen to the tegu. Does the tegu want to dig? Yes my tegu loves to dig. By digging the tegu is exerting energy and creating hides that fit his body tightly keeping moisture in his body and absorbing it from the substrate. Is your enclosure good because it looks good in your house or is it functional giving good temperature variance and humidity variance that lets the animal decide what it needs?

I believe Bert Langerwarf always dug his enclosures 3' down. There was a reason for that. I'm not trying to knock what everyone else is doing I'm only trying to do what's best for my animals.
    Check out my Youtube channel

Here's a nice one from Frank Retes of Goanna Ranch.
    Check out my Youtube channel

Wow. I really like the last one. But how would you be able to clean it ? There isn't a door on there so someone could walk in there.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl