Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No posts?

Default No posts?

I saw that there have been no new posts in most catagories for over a week. Why don't people use this site? It is friendly, informative and easy to access.
    It appears that Tegu Talk is used a lot but has it's issues. The other sites are not entirely dedicated or are hard to find. I would think that there would be many more here.
    Dana

This site hasn't been that active for a while now,.. not as active as it use to be. Around this time of year both sites slow down with tegu activity. Some times traffic can be kept up with contests and off topic discussions but there's only so much you can do. Sometimes we get distracted with life, projects, other pet forums or what ever the case may be.

But people still check in every so often and respond to posts.
    0.1.0 BP (Spiral) aka Rita Wayward
    2.1. Dogs (White Boys "Powder", Paw Paws "Achilles" & Panini)

" 14 July 2010,..Always Remembered"

Tegu Talk has more members and more traffic. This was the first and original tegu forum. When Rick (the owner) and Bobby got into an argument, Bobby created Tegu Talk. This forum remained as the rogue forum of Bobby's banned members. I find this one to be more scientific and more friendly, but that's just me. Rick doesn't participate in the site as much as he used to so there isn't much activity in the way of advertising, etc. And since Rick isn't selling tegus, there's probably no reason for him to invest in the forum. I'm just grateful it is still here.
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

I was thinking its cuz most of our Tegus are down for the winter... One thing i know for sure is that i miss my girl! I want her to wake up already
    0.2.0 Ball Pythons, Kacey, Kahlua,
    0.1.0 Black and White Tegu, Shredder
    1.0.0 Extreme Giant Tegu, Dino

I'm sure that is it as well. My adults are down, but I have a young one up and my Colombians. We have had a busy year with some medical issues at home which has kept me from posting more. I try to get to the posts that need help, but can't always get to the ones that are photo posts, etc.
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs

I will probably start to spend more time on this site, I lurk a lot lol but I don't post much.
    2.0.0 Argentine Black and White Tegus (Rango & Guru)
    1.0.0 Red/Blue Tegu (No Name)
    1.1.0 APBT (Conan & Riley)

Stalker.....jk. I think a lot of people from both sites come here and read, but post over there.
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs

A few of us are prohibited from posting there....seems a certain someone there doesn't like being debated with.

While slow is a little troubling, I'll take it over the 20 threads of people asking what's wrong with their tegu while they're all posting the exact same symptoms. It feels good to help people out, it's dismaying when you have to repeat the same advice over and over and over and over and over and over and over.....

But for tegu discussion, there have been some somewhat interesting (to hobbyists) scientific papers out on tegus this last year or so. Can't say with respect to pet tegus, but evidently wild tegus seem to harbour rather heavy loads of Salmonella sp., something that hobbyists may want to keep in mind with respect to their husbandry. Another group of scientists have finally looked at the compounds in the secretions of tegu femoral pores. Although not much definitive was said (it was primarily a list of the types of chemical compounds found), there looks to be good evidence that as suspected there is likely pheromones produced.

I feel bad that I haven't been on here as much as I used to. I think if we post more photos, videos and some more infos we will get more members on here to post again. I also have been getting some e-mails from some new users who can't post on here. I think that some new users just want to have a few questions answered and then don't come on here again for a while. But it new users are able to post then we have more new posts to answer new questions. Honestly, if I would be a new user and I wouldn't be able to post right away I would find a different forum to go to. I don't blame them. I wish we could go back to the old way.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Rick said that I would be able to admit new users, but I can't as a moderator. If he wants to make me an admin, I could do more. I get emails about new users, but I can't even see their profiles, much less auhtorize their membership.

I don't know if you knew, tupinambis, but Josh bought the Tegu Talk website and Bobby isn't over there at all. I'm sure you could be reinstated (or whatever) if you had the desire. There would be some good debates over there for you.
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets