I know that it took me a few weeks to be approved so that I could post. I will add some pictures later today by the way.

On Tegu's, the presence of Salmonella isn't surprising considering their diet. What would be fascinating would be research on captive pet Tegu's. In other words, diet variations and their effect on growth health on over one hundred plus animals. Temperature statistics including ambient, basking, hibernation etc of enlosures over a large population. Temprament variations between species, handling frequency, method as documented by a third part observer. This would include observed Tegu owner bonding.
I know that people both here and on TT serve as mentors and that there are a grillion videos on You Tube and there is a great deal of experience with Tegu husbandry that can be tapped. What I am talking about is asking a relatively large group of Tegu owners the exact same questions and doing actual field observation, measurements etc in peoples homes or where ever they keep their Tegus. The result would be a body of information gathered objectively and empirically.

I know that the liklihood of this ever happening is slim to none and that most people would not really be interested in a study like this but some of us, (like yours truely), would find it very interesting.