Thread: Man I swear Youtube and Reptiles.

Angry Man I swear Youtube and Reptiles.

I really think that Youtube is one of our current leading contribution in the passing of poor information about Reptiles. The last video i watch i had to make a Youtube account so I could correct the guy on it. Telling people that the reason you don't feed Tegu raw egg's is because it can get salmonella . Mean while he's dumping raw servings of Turkey, chunks of beef, and Salmon into his mixture... -.-

People oddly gotten this idea that Salmonella comes from Chicken ( Only ). I said if you were worry about Salmonella you would not be feeding your Tegu any uncooked meat products as it can have the bacteria Salmonella . No we cook the normal store brought egg's because feeding a reptile unfertilized eggs can lead to Biotin Deficiency which they would not develop in the wild because they would be eating fertilized eggs. However this can be avoided if you go to your local whole food store who generally will have Fertilized eggs for sale by the dozen.

Then there was another comment that hit my nerve telling viewers that the Argentina Black and White Tegu some of them will eat veggie's and fruits but they do not need them part of there diet at all his doesn't even touch them.... -.- I had to correct this guy as well >.> I stated that Tegu's are omnivores and like a good parent it is your job to teach your child to eat its veggies. It is a well known fact that Captive tegu's consume more meat than Wild Tegu's. That's because in the wild Other animals don't like to get eaten in fact they avoid it and sometimes the Tegu miss that meaty meal it really really wanted. So it will consume some the non fleeing in terror for its life --> vegetation. Why because *And i think you may like my saying i made for my Tegu * Starvation is a Motivation to eat your Veggie's.

And that is just the tip of the iceberg there's even ppl who work at pet stores in the reptile area and know nothing about them. I could go on and on and on about petco and pet-smart.

I know where you are coming from. One time I saw a red Tegu in a enclosure ( it used to be a fish tank ) with fish gravel in it. Then one time I saw a red Tegu baby at Pet Smart that had sand in the enclosure and no water. I brought in some cypress mulch and gave them the info to our forum to do some research. I went back after a few weeks and the Tegu lost some of his toes. I was SOOOOO upset that I asked to speak with the manager. I told her off ( as nice as I could ). I told her that I came in here a while back and gave them some tips on how to take care of it. No one cared and the Tegu got sick and lost the toes. I sad that I would take it in and take it to the vet but I'm not willing to pay them since they don't care about the animals. She sad no. I sad that I'm going to be back and if the Tegu isn't going to be better taken care of that I will report them. Well I came back to buy the Tegu because my boyfriend and I felt to sorry for the Tegu and the Tegu was gone. They sad someone they knew took it in. Yeah right.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl