Thread: Boong the Bungie

Default Boong the Bungie

So I recently acquire a Bungie from an elder couple who found him outside of their home welp the bloak didnt have enough money to really take care of the thing. So i took it off their hands anyway from the several faq, website I found that most bungie's have a short life due to the fact they can become seed addicts and seeing how they are vegetarian's and need many of many different kinds of fruits seeds and what have you I decided hey you need to eat more than just these seeds lil buddy. So i tried many techniques I found online in my conquest to get the lil joker to eat anything other than just seeds.

SO Boong that annoying lil bastard refuses to eat anything but seeds after weeks of trying and trying to temp it with seeds and fruits mixed and it just picking around the fruits and just eating the seeds. I decided to throw out what I had read from the sites and Go back to my own personal tact the same i used for Tila when she was like but but daddy I's only's like's meaty's. SO I did not give Bong any of its seeds for almost a whole week And on that faithful 6th day I come walking up. To the cage and Boong is just squawking away jumping side to side looking very happy to see the Yellow container I had in my hand *Which was full of fruits* I before i could place it into the cage it Jumped onto my hand and began to consume the Fruits Eagerly.

I smile and look at Boong and say "Starvation is a Motivation to eat your Veggies" And now Boong eats whatever I throw into the cage fruits, greens, seeds and Oats It'll even eat it out of my hand. >:] Evil yesh but affective >:]

LOL. Congrats. I'm glad it worked. I know how you feel. I had to do that to some of our Tegus. Don't you hate it if you have to be mean in order for them to do the right thing ? Do you have a photo of Boong ?
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Nice story! I'd like to get a pet bird some day! I love the little chatter noises that they make. I had four little parakeets when I was a child that i adored, and then a pet cockatiel as a young teen.
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

Hmm it didnt toss me an email saying ppl replied to this one xD. IT sucks i had to be mean to little Boong but Its for its own good and it shall now life a healthy and fuller life due to it. Starving once out of its life beats dying young imo lol. Yeah the Chatter is great its when Boong is mad that its becomes annoying luckly it stops when i Cover up its Cage lol . Oh yeah ATM I'm trying to teach it stewie from Family Guy
    Stewie "Mama Mama Mama Mum mum mum Mom MOm mom"
    Lois " WHAT!! "
    Stewie "Hi.. *laughs*
    Lawl I'll take some pics of Boong next time before i log in right now the lil bugga is sleep.

Did you put a check mark in your profile that you want to be notified about the replies to a post ?
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl