Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My new Black Throat

I have been Kinabo's new dad for a little over a week. He eats so much I can't believe my eyes sometimes. He has also grown in a week. The size of his body looks like he has grown an inch or more. His head looks much larger to me. Maybe I am just imagining growth in one week but I am scratching my head in wonder.
    He does his big exhale hiss when I go to pet him but makes no effort to get away. After he does his hissing and puffing up thing he lays down, closes his eyes and seems to really enjoy the strokes and company. Go figure.

T. merianea, Gordo
    T. rufescens, Eva
    V. Ionedes, Nyuse Kinabo, (Swahili - Black Gift from God)
    Standard Poodles - Millee & Sonny Boy
    A bunch of colubrids and tarantulas

Quote Originally Posted by Dana C View Post
    I have been Kinabo's new dad for a little over a week. He eats so much I can't believe my eyes sometimes. He has also grown in a week. The size of his body looks like he has grown an inch or more. His head looks much larger to me. Maybe I am just imagining growth in one week but I am scratching my head in wonder.
    He does his big exhale hiss when I go to pet him but makes no effort to get away. After he does his hissing and puffing up thing he lays down, closes his eyes and seems to really enjoy the strokes and company. Go figure.
    Sound like Bipolar much? lol. In all seriousness though, from what I have heard of Black Throats, since you ahve owned him less than two weeks, he seems to be pretty tame.... sounds like gem!

When got him a week ago last Tuesday, I posted a thread about how much I liked him and how we seemed to get along together. I was told to increase his basking temps to 130+f which I did. I was also told that he wouldn't be nearly as nice after I did it. Now after 3 days of having his basking rock at 135f he just a little more hissy but still seems to enjoy my company as I said above. He responds a great deal to my voice and speaking softly to him. I think it is part of the identification process....sort of "Hmmm, I hear Dana....hmmm, I smell Dana. OK I can relax and enjoy".

T. merianea, Gordo
    T. rufescens, Eva
    V. Ionedes, Nyuse Kinabo, (Swahili - Black Gift from God)
    Standard Poodles - Millee & Sonny Boy
    A bunch of colubrids and tarantulas

When my boyfriend ( Bryan ) told me that he wanted a black throat monitor, all I could say is " OMG. We are in for something lol ". I thought they would be very hard to tame and very feisty. But when we got Houdini we found out that it isn't any harder to tame him then the Tegus. He was a bit skittish for a while, huffed and puffed. But over all very tame . I'm glad Dana that you got one, too.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl