Thread: Introducing different species of lizards

Default Introducing different species of lizards

My baby savannah and Nile are about the same size I was wondering is it possible to introduce them to each other. I really am stuck on this I don't know how it would turn out I'm just curious to know if other people have done this and how it turned out. And if it's ok to introduce them how would I go about that. I don't plan on making them live together or anything I just thought that if that worked it would help lighten my load when I feed and bath them, because like I said earlier they're all housed individualy so they all get individual attention and it can be time consuming especially before work, they seem to be on my schedule because when I get up all 3 of them are up waiting for the lights to be turned on and they're hungry. Any advice would be great. I also know that at some point the Nile will out grow the savannah. I just wanted to try this while they're young, I have no intention of keeping them around each other when they're full grow.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_k View Post
    My baby savannah and Nile are about the same size I was wondering is it possible to introduce them to each other. I really am stuck on this I don't know how it would turn out I'm just curious to know if other people have done this and how it turned out. And if it's ok to introduce them how would I go about that. I don't plan on making them live together or anything I just thought that if that worked it would help lighten my load when I feed and bath them, because like I said earlier they're all housed individualy so they all get individual attention and it can be time consuming especially before work, they seem to be on my schedule because when I get up all 3 of them are up waiting for the lights to be turned on and they're hungry. Any advice would be great. I also know that at some point the Nile will out grow the savannah. I just wanted to try this while they're young, I have no intention of keeping them around each other when they're full grow.
    What i usually do is introduce then on a full stomach pretty much right after they eat, even as humans once your full you barely want to move and do anything. Reptiles of course know when their full as well and and wont attempt eating more. Another method I do its let them bathe together they'll eventually bump into each other/go on another for safety and they learn they are no longer a threat.I'm still new to the monitor family so it may take more time than I'm used to dealing with

heres a couple of pics of my reps & mamals hanging out, they all get along fine, i would start by introducing them through the glass, that way you will see there responce, even swap some decor or substrate around so they smell each other,then if all goes well introduce them on full stomach also some sun helps that way there only intrested in one thing for a start.