Thread: need some help?

Default need some help?

hello i want to ask about my b/w argentine tegu........
    I'm so worry about my tegu because almost already 4 days he doesn't want to eat,i have been try to give him a mice,chiken fillet,fish,or other meal but he still doesn't want to eat it
    I'm confused about it..........the wheater in my home for several week is not too good,its always rain and cloudy so he doesn' t get enough heat.............
    1. Iwant to ask if my tegu still doesn't want to eat for 4-5 days is he okay,i'm worry his body will be thin?
    2.because of wheater condition or something else so he like that?
    3.what must i going to do to make him want to eat again and what is the diet so he can intrested to eat

For just information my tegu is a juvenile
    Thank for answer.....bye

In the first place, you need to provide heat and light. You can't be dependent on the weather to keep your Tegu healthy.
    You need to provide a basking area which provides surface temperatures around 110. You also need to provide lighting that produces at least UVB light and hopefully both UVB and UVA. If you are not doing that you have a serious problem that could result in the death of your Tegu.
    As far as eating goes, 4 days without eating isn't critical but light and heat is. With light and heat, eating will resume.
    To provide more help, please tell us about how you housing your Tegu. How large is the cage? Is it indoors or outside? Where do you live? What are you using as substrate, (bedding on the floor of the cage), and how deep is it. Is your Tegu Argentine or Columbian?

T. merianea, Gordo
    T. rufescens, Eva
    V. Ionedes, Nyuse Kinabo, (Swahili - Black Gift from God)
    Standard Poodles - Millee & Sonny Boy
    A bunch of colubrids and tarantulas

You are in Indonesia, correct? Tell us about the set up like Dana asked. Also, what are you feeding and do you have a calcium supplement? Is he new to you and is a wild caught import from S America?
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

Quote Originally Posted by laurarfl View Post
    You are in Indonesia, correct? Tell us about the set up like Dana asked. Also, what are you feeding and do you have a calcium supplement? Is he new to you and is a wild caught import from S America?
    Yes i live in indonesia.......mine is argentine tegu,size about 75cm,its has been only 1 month with me,and i think he is a captive breed because when i got him the seller doesn't tell me where he come from
    I ussually feed him a mice or chiken fillet.....for calcium i haven't use it because i think he allready got enough calcium from mice he eat.........today i use a uvb light on his cage and use a woodbarkbfor the subtrat.
    About an hour from i give him heat by uvb light,i tested him to eat by giving a meat.......thank god he eat.......i'm glad
    For next i will always provide him an enuogh heat because the wheater is not to good....its rainy season
    Thank for the answer......because yesterday i'm so worry.............I LOVE THAT TEGU and give him a name RAMBO

THANK U .........bye

I'm happy to hear that he ate for you . I like his name. Here is some information for you to read if you like. I hope it's not to hard for you to read it. Please feel free to ask us as many questions you like.

http://www.thetegu.com/showthread.ph...Tegu-Caresheet
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Thank you for your answer.......

Do you also have monitors? If so we would love to hear about them as well.

T. merianea, Gordo
    T. rufescens, Eva
    V. Ionedes, Nyuse Kinabo, (Swahili - Black Gift from God)
    Standard Poodles - Millee & Sonny Boy
    A bunch of colubrids and tarantulas

Quote Originally Posted by Dana C View Post
    Do you also have monitors? If so we would love to hear about them as well.
    Yes i'm also had a several kind of varanus.....such as
    Varanus melinus
    Varanus ceramboensis
    Varanus salvator locallity west java
    Varanus neboulus or known as clouded monitor
    Savanah monitor
    But the most favorit is my tegu and the quincy monitor

I'm also had some snakes.....
    Normal bci columbian boa female,size 1,4meter
    Pastel bci boa,size 1,1meter male
    Java locallity phyton reticulatus,4meter female
    Java locallity reticulatus 40% striped,1,2 meter male
    Gold albertisi,1meter unsexing
    For my two boas is the future breeding project (i hope)

Ok thats all my reptil pets.......

Oh ya.....btw i want to asked,if my tegu (Rambo) only eat a mice every three days its he okay? Because his apatite to eat is still not high
    Thanks

For a tegu that size, I would think he would want to eat a very large mouse or even a small rat at least every other day. Mine also enjoy eating chicks and various fruits.

If the weather is rainy, then mine are not as active. He needs a basking spot that is 46-47C and exposure to a UVB for at least 10 hours a day. If he can't get that by being outside, then he'll need light bulbs.

If he came from South America as a baby, is it possible that he is thinking about hibernating?
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

now to keep heat for my tegu i'm using a 40watt spotlight and uvb light,
    now even the wheater is rainy he still active,today i tested him to eat a mice even he already eaten yesterday....and thanks god he aet that mice...
    Heat is important for tegu.....thats is the factor to make your tegu always active and healthy