Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Non-herping. What do people do?

Default Non-herping. What do people do?

So what does everyone do outside of herping, hobbies, jobs, etc.?

I work in publishing but I'm also occasionally doing circus stuff, I'm part of a fire peformance troupe bringing our show to the US this year.

542137_10151705106890315_628175314_24119138_993192405_n.jpg

Well that is just super cool!

I teach middle school science and take my critters around town for a bit of wildlife education (work). My hobbies are generally family related. We have a boat and go boating up the St. John's River and around the Keys. I read a lot. I'm a HUGE ballet fan. My daughter has studied classical ballet at a huge pre-professional school her whole life. She's leaving that crazy world this summer to join the circus, so to speak. She has been studying aerial arts and is looking to pursue other dance forms.

Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

Kudos for middle school science!

:O a lyra!

Circus is my newest hobby. Good luck to your daughter, I wish I could, but stupidly at mid-20s I think I'm too old to make money from it now. Le Sigh.

542290_10151718663900548_837650547_24283055_1986549971_n.jpg

The lyra is her favorite. She just turned 16 this month. She's planning on auditioning for Cirque du Soliel and some other attraction here in Orlando after a bit more aerial training.

One more for the road.... She's on the lyra. The girl stretching on the floor is on wait-list for Cirque and another girl we know that trained at this studio is travelling with Cirque now.
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

That's pretty awesome!

I work in the Natural Health dept. at a Whole Foods and do painting/jewelry making/sewing/etc. on the side.

I don't have much in the way of family sadly. I spend most of my free time fly fishing, and researching various things. I am one of those people that has to know everything about everything. HAHAHA
    According my cousin, one of my few relatives, I live a monastic existence and I acknowledge it.

Laura, I am envious! You have a great family and that daughter, wow, that is incredible. I wish her the best!

T. merianea, Gordo
    T. rufescens, Eva
    V. Ionedes, Nyuse Kinabo, (Swahili - Black Gift from God)
    Standard Poodles - Millee & Sonny Boy
    A bunch of colubrids and tarantulas

I work at a private local zoo, I have been taking over the educational programs (going to schools, when schools come to the zoo, and the summer camp), I started as gift shop help and work the rides (narrated train ride, sky ride) and have been privledged to be help for in the zoo and I can work in most areas now so when they need extra help they pull me in.
    I go to school part time for Psychology, and am a wife to a National Guardsman/Policeman so we have some crazy schedules between work, school and taking care of the animals.
    We like to take day trips to all the historical places in our area and find places for our dogs to explore. When there is extra time we squeeze in some reading, video games, Warhammer and other nerd activities..
    Bearded Dragon (2001) Valcore
    Box Turtle (found 2006) Panzer
    Albino Cornsnake (2011) Dante
    White's Tree Frog (2012) Cake
    Tiger Legged Monkey Frog (2012) Unnamed
    Columbian Tegu (2012) Achilles
    Ball Python (2012) Poe

Basset Hounds Snickers (2000-2011 RIP), Leonidas (2009), Murphy (2010), Theodora (2011).

Laura I am so jealous. At circus school last night it was all aerial, my hands are a mess! Good luck to your daughter, I wish I'd known then that this was what I wanted to do!

Apophis: natural food = <3, I'm a vegan... well, as much as you can be owning omnivorous reptiles.

I enjoy target shooting outside of herps. I like to go to the range in winter because I like to make gunsmoke on a nice cold day .
    1.0.0. English Budgie (Peanut)
    1.0.0. Red-Eared Slider (Rocky)
    1.0.0. Bearded Dragon (Gomek)
    www.youtube.com/SnakeEyes223

WOW everyone have great activities. Its really impressive but unfortunately I am lazy about all this stuff, I mostly do book reading in my free time or use computer but never try this kind of activities.
    God gave us our relatives; thank God we can choose our friends.
    Click Here | Above Ground Pools