Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: curious bumps on my golden

Default curious bumps on my golden

i got a young golden tegu about a month ago and after a few sheds i noticed he's got a matching set of bumps on either side of his neck, behind his ears. they remind me of the bumps some lizards get around their vents and thighs showing theyre male. Ive never heard of a lizard having them on their neck. any idea what these bumps are?
    You know you are a reptile owner when you can use tissue and duct tape to bandage a bite while you are working with your scaly critters

Hi mspencer. Welcome back. Haven't seen you for a while. To be honest with you I don't know what that could be. I hope tupinambis will see your post. He know alot about Tegus. In case you take him to the Vet please let us know what he sad. Good luck. It's nice to see you again.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

edit.jpg
    I marked where the bump is, there's a matching one on the otherside
    edit 2.jpg
    othe rside marked
    You know you are a reptile owner when you can use tissue and duct tape to bandage a bite while you are working with your scaly critters

Might need to have it analyzed to make sure it's not a fungal infection or some sort of skin condition that can spread
    0.1.0 BP (Spiral) aka Rita Wayward
    2.1. Dogs (White Boys "Powder", Paw Paws "Achilles" & Panini)

" 14 July 2010,..Always Remembered"

I have never seen this before. I would take him to the Vet, too.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

off to the vet we go today, got a 1120 appointment at Avian and Exotics Hospital in San Diego >.< hell of a drive :lol:

took him to the vet and they think it could just be a fat deposit and to keep an eye on it if it changes sizes. i gave him a bath when we got home and the bumps got kinda soft like a scab would in water. i'm definitely gonna have to watch them. I'm hoping they go away :(

Thank you for keeping us posted. It's so hard to stay calm when Vets just guess things. I hope that it will go away also. Please keep us posted. It's just strange that they look the same and are on the same spot just on different sides.

Our videos :

I've never seen anything like this either. It's rather interesting that A)it is symmetrical and B)that you claim it softens in water. There's a possibility that it is somehow related to an anatomical issue, in that region there's likely a few glands....but to see presentation on the surface is troubling, even if what the vet says (fat deposits) is possibly correct. I wouldn't be inclined to just "leave it and see", it is definitely not normal. I would wash daily with a Betadine solution, and then apply Polysporin.

i gave him another bath this morning and i rubbed over the bumps and one was raised a bit more than the other. i gently rubbed over it again and it started coming up like a scab; it didnt seem to bother him so i carefully removed it. It was a hard little piece and when i gently squeezed the spot on his skin this white thing came out. it reminded me of when a lizard loses its tail how it has that 4 piece cross thing sticks out. The white thing was shaped just like that 4 piece cross thing. it didnt seem to bother him at all, he didnt even twitch. What are those pieces that stick out of a lizards tail when it's lost?