Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: curious bumps on my golden

Well, what I believe mspencer is dealing with is an abscess, and in reptiles an abscess will just be recurring unless it is completely cleaned out.

If it is an abscess, I wonder what could have caused wounds to appear on both sides of the head (curious). If you have any doubts, consult a vet. Depending on the white tissue you see, it could be fascia, necrotic tissue, caseous matter, etc.
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

sorry for the delay in updating you all, i did take him to the vet and they took samples and are having them biopsied. I should be getting a call later this week with the results. The vet wasnt too sure what exactly it is and suggested just doing antibiotic shots to see if it might clear up but i said no and wanted to go straight to the biopsy to make sure we could accurately treat this thing. I'll update as soon as i hear back from them. In the mean time i'm gonna invest in a video recorder lol
    You know you are a reptile owner when you can use tissue and duct tape to bandage a bite while you are working with your scaly critters

Good deal. Please keep us updated
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

Good for you, mspencer! Too often I've seen vets hesitant to do the right thing as they are often completely unfamiliar with the subject. Glad you insisted on a biopsy. Random antibiotic shots is not the way to go.

This is so weird. Has he ever shed with these? If so, what happened?
    Your tegu is very cute btw.

You are awesome . I'm so glad you told the Vet what you want to do and not let him do what ever he things that COULD work. It makes me very nerves when they are not sure what is going on and just want to guess on what to give them. Thank God our Reptile Vet knows alot. I can't wait to see the video(s). Than you again for keeping us posted.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

here is a video on all of my tegus, the first part is on my little golden. I hope this link works, it seems to have worked on the tegu-phile facebook page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTdu98BXbd8&feature=plcp

if not the video is called " into my little family (boyfriend not present for this film) "
    You know you are a reptile owner when you can use tissue and duct tape to bandage a bite while you are working with your scaly critters

I like the light colored head on your Columbian and the two b/w at the end. PLEASE be careful with them not to get inside that wall. It will be very hard to get them back out. I could understand in that video what you have in that one enclosure with the red lamp in it. If you have a Tegu in there, too, then please remove the red light. It can damage his/her eyes. I can't wait to see the other ones when they are awake . Thank you for making the video.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

its my baby king snake in the red light cage, she sleeps all day and is up all night lol that duct tape had gotten wet so he was able to push it out of the way the little brat. They definitely know when there is a weak spot in the barriers lol I really just want to cement it shut but the apartment managers would murder us