Thread: Tegu wont eat often...

Default Tegu wont eat often...

Hello...sorry i want to ask about my tegu's...
    Isn't okay if my tegu's only ate every 3 or 4 days? Mine is about 1 year old and 3 years old.....
    Thanks

Around this time of year they're still in or coming out of brumation or hibernation. With brumation they sleep more and eat less but still come out every so often. Also depending on what you feed and how much, at that age they don't need to eat everyday especially if they have enough fat reserves. Some foods take longer to digest than others.
    0.1.0 BP (Spiral) aka Rita Wayward
    2.1. Dogs (White Boys "Powder", Paw Paws "Achilles" & Panini)

" 14 July 2010,..Always Remembered"

Ohhh but they hibernate also in indonesia?
    I ussually give him a chiken fillet or a medium rat.....
    Ok thank u for the answer i will observ him and if there is anything happen i will tell u
    God bless you

Remember, that you are in the Southern Hemisphere and with your winter fast approaching, he is probably slowing down. It isn't necessarily the temperature it is the season, changing light and dark cycles and also temperatures a bit. I wouldn't be at all surprised that he would begin sleeping more and eating less. If he has a nice fat tail base, I wouldn't worry about it to much. If he doesn't, then I would perhaps think that something might be amiss.
    How active is he?

T. merianea, Gordo
    T. rufescens, Eva
    V. Ionedes, Nyuse Kinabo, (Swahili - Black Gift from God)
    Standard Poodles - Millee & Sonny Boy
    A bunch of colubrids and tarantulas

He ate again last tuesday a medium rat........he is very active and healthy,his tail now is fat but the stomach is getting smaller because he doesn't eat often........i always make the cage in high temp because it's rainy season in indonesia now specially in my area west java.....ok if anything change again i will ask your advice,thanks

It is also very important that he is getting some UVA/UVB to properly digest the food. Either from a UVA/UVB lamp or from the natural sun light. If you do take him outside please make sure you have a leash around him or a harness so he can't run off.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Yes now i always give a sun bath every morning about 10-15mnt......for the other tegu RAMBO now he want to eat well
    Thanks for the advice...

That's good to hear. Your welcome .
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl