Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Juvenile Red Hasnt eaten in 6 months! Need help badly!!!

You can also soak him in a pedialyte and water mix or i have even used gatorade in a pinch (sick snake that i attempted to rescue) My arg red isn't eating well either... when he won't eat i give him livers... he freaking LOVES beef or chicken livers... i was looking at the pic of your tegu and he doesn't look terrible... his tail looks solid at the base and a bit of wrinkle in the legs and belly can be ok... i mean mine gets looking like that when he doesn't eat for a week or so then he eats and it all fills out then he won't eat for a week... i would take him to the vet (that is what i plan to do) and get a fecal... i am almost positive its parasites... also (some will totally disagree on this) get some large crickets and gutload them and dump them in the bathtub... sometimes it can starts his hunting drive and he gets some vitamins from the gutload though not to be done all the time it won't hurt him to get him going or you can go to a bait shop and get sardines used for fishing (sometimes) and get them live... put about an inch of water in the tub and dump them in... they go nuts for movement and when they figure out its food usually they eat heartily... (i could be wrong about all of this and i am sure someone will let me know if i am these are a few things i have done to get weasley to eat... generally he will always eat egg... once you get him eating on his own he should do ok though he isn't sick looking at least not to me but i am by no means an expert
    Gnat
    "I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it"~Edith Sitwell
    "Nothing brings people together like a mutual hatred"~ Henry Rollins

Yeah, mine is also named Otis. He's a black/gold though, not a red.

Glad to hear he's starting to eat.

Txrepgirl, have you seen the low sodium sardines? My store carries all kinds of sardines and I was able to find some with little sodium and not packed in oil. I was really surprised. I have a hard time finding smelts, so it was a good substitute.

Young mice aren't terribly fatty and may help even just once weekly. Egg with the shell is good.

Sounds like it may be a combination of diet, supplements, and lighting that may have caused stunted growth.
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

Laura. No, I haven't. I try to stay away from canned foods for us and don't give any to the Tegus. Do you have a Chineese store where you live ? They have a big bag full of frozen smelts for very cheap.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl